Chapter 17

*Recap* 
I pray then climb into my bed, pull up my covers and snuggle into my wonderful bed, getting a free pass to Dreamland.

Karla's pov

Friday night

*Knock, knock*

"Uh, who is it?" I asked, I was sitting at my desk doing my assignment.

"It's me." Ms. Rachel said and walked into my room.

"Karla, your mother wants to speak with you, urgently." She says making me worried.

"Urgently? Why did something happen?" I asked her.

"Oh no, I don't think so she seemed really joyful."Ms. Rachel said.

"Oh, ok. Ms. Rachel please tell her  I'll be down."

"I will. Bye." She says and closes the door.

"Bye." I call out.

I put on my slippers and walk out of my room in my  comfy light pink tank top and shorts set.

I knock on the big wooden doors when I get there. I hear a come in from the other side so I twist the knobs open. And close them when I get inside.

Once I'm in I'm attacked with a hug, she later ends the hug and says as she sits on the chocolate brown sofa, "okay, sit down. I have something to tell you."

"Ok" I say and sit beside her and continue, "So Ma, what's going on, Ms. Rachel told me you said it was urgent."

"Yes, it's very urgent but its good news. I found someone who'd want to help us with your father's company! We haven't finalized things yet but we are going to next week! Isn't that great?" She says with a huge smile on her face.

Are you for real??!?! What kind of plot twist is this? I've literally just sold myself.

"Um, y-yeah. That's great." I said trying to feign excitement.

Mom frowns and says, " Karla, what's wrong, why aren't you happy? Now, we don't even have to think about saa bɔdamfo bema (that crazy man) proposal."

Yep we don't actually have to because it's not like i went behind your back and signed a few papers which bind me to his son for three and a half years!

Yep we have nothing to worry about.

That's what I would've said but instead I said," It's nothing I-i'm just shocked that we found someone. Um, Mama, which company is investing?" I asked trying to be 'interested'.

"Alphona & Co." She says.

*A month later (April)*

Tuseday afternoon, lunch

"I was thinking that maybe we should have a girls day out on Saturday if y'all are free?" Simone asked Tina and I.

Simone or Simone Jamie Daniels as the government calls her is a 5'7  caramel skinned black girl
with brown eyes and a goofy personality. 

A perfect match for our group

She's an aspiring music teacher and works as a waitress at 'Café Vert' which is 7minutes from campus.

Simone's on break so we're hanging out and talking.

"Sure, I don't really have anything planned. Karla?" Tina said.

I give them the 'Are you for real' face. "You two know that I don't have anything planned.
Of course, I'm in." I said.

Then, they started squealing, I playfully rolled my eyes and joined them.