Chapter 11

*Recap*
I watch her as she drives out.

Karla's pov

It's 4 in the morning and I'm surfing through Tv channels.
I literally could not sleep.

I decide to switch the TV off and I walk down stairs in my jammies which consists of a deep grey oversized 5sos T-shirt and some graphic comic shorts which were short.

I decide to cook but when I look at the time I realize it's too early.

I walk around the house and eventually pass by the garden.

So I decide to put my garden skills to a test. I walk of to the shed, pick out the garden tools and start gardening.

I garden till my 5:00 alarm rings.

    I clean the tools and put them back in the shed, take off my gardening overalls and gloves and put them into the gardening hamper wash my hands and throw the plants rubbish into the compost dustbin and walk back inside.

I take a shower then, I head to the kitchen.

Grab the sugar, eggs, milk, salt and flour. I put them on the counter and pick up my tools (hand mixer, mixing bowls,etc) and start making the pancake mix from scratch.

And start cooking.

*Time lapse*

"Hi. I wanted to know whether you'll still be coming for your
3 o'clock?" Miranda, the secretary asks.

"Yes,of course. I'm on my way."
I said.

'Ofcourse I'm coming, I mean , I skipped my 5th period, that's library, to come over here.' I thought.

Ok see you there.
Miranda says and hangs up.

Right now I'm at the taxi station waiting for a taxi to arrive.

  I didn't know what to wear,
so I put on one of the 'business meeting' outfits my mom gets us when Dad's having a meeting with his partners and family needs to be there with a pair of nike air Force ones.

(Picture above)

I put my hair in a slicked back curls hairstyle with a few curls left astray.

I waited for a few minutes till the taxi came.

I check the time and it's 13:47 pm / 1:47pm and it's a 45 minute drive from Sunnyvale to the capital. I would have gone with one of the cars in the house but it would have been weird which would have made mom and Tina suspicious.

I bend my head a little to look at the driver through the shotgun window.

"Good afternoon miss. How are you, on this fine Thursday? The driver asked, he's black, also very tall probably 6'1 and is young probably a little older than I.

"I'm good thanks for asking."

"So where are we heading to?" He asks.

"To the Capital, 15company street."

*Time lapse*

Throughout the whole ride, we talked.

I found out that his name was Jeromé and he's 20. He's the oldest of three children and was an orphan. It was the fifth couple who he met who adopted him. He goes to Edgewater college which is close to the capital.

He loves driving and is a stan for a pickup lines. I mean, the whole time he used them on me and they were very funny and some interesting.

"Thanks for the ride." I said as I was going to open the door but he beat me to it and opens it.
I step out.