Chapter 12

**Recap**
"Sir? She's here." She calls out.

"Bring her in." I hear an older voice say.

Karla's pov

I probably shouldn't go maybe it's not worth it. I started thinking.

"Karla, go on in." Miranda says opening the door for me.

Well I guess this is it. I mustered all the course had and walked in.

I walked into a big conference room with black office chairs at the head of the table was the man who has been ruining my family business little by little.
The man himself, Mr.Richards.

I put on my most serious face and looked straight into the eyes of this man as I walked closer to him leaving a two seats gap.

"Please sit." He says in an authoritative manner. And I sit on the second seat on the right.

I now examine the man.

He was tall probably, 5'11. He has blond hair which has been slicked back. Blue eyes which look very daring and a face which looks good for punching, lol. I meant, he has a nice face.

He's in a black suit which has no tie and maybe designer from the deep black colour. On his left hand he has a gold ring and is wearing a watch which looks very old and has a leather band.

" As we both now each other's names I don't see a reason for an introduction. Let's begin with business. In this file shows the rules of the contract for this marriage to my son. It has all the things you need to know about
the marriage and the duties you both have to perform. I have personally made the rules in here and my son is yet to read. So you can read it and get back to me on our next meeting. Apart from that this meeting is over."
He passes me the purple file and gets up to leave.

He gets to the door and I call out," Mr.Richards, isn't there another way you could help us without me marrying him?"

He looks at me and says," There were many things your father could have done to me, young lady but he narrowed it down to one. So no, there are no other ways to get my help apart from marrying my son."

This just made me angry," So you are willing to get your son married to a stranger all in the name of almost 2 decades old hatred?!"

At this he just walks out of the door.

The water works want to start but I take a deep breath raise my chin up high, pick up the purple file and my handbag and walk out of the conference room.

**Time lapse**

It's now 8:15 and I'm sitting on my bed with a bag of chocolate chip cookies and reading through the so called ,'contract' whiles the TV is showing Devil-ish which is the new raved movie.

It said the marriage will last three and a half years.
I've read both of our duties.

Reading through his part was pratically chill like monthly allowance, taking me out for events, having partners outside the marriage which is insulting but the fact that I can't do the smart is borderline degrading, to put it lightly.

Reading through mine there was one thing which was very disturbing to me.

It said," If in the three and a half years of marriage Ms. Karla Esperanza Roland is found with child of Mr. Aiden Johnathan Kingsley Richards she will be allowed to take care of the child but when the duration of the marriage is over she is to go back to her father's house without the child and must not pursue any contact with the child."