Chapter 25

*Recap*
I look up to see Aiden in the driver's seat.

Karla's pov

Aiden's still in his work attire but his suit jacket was off while the first two buttons of his shirt opened giving me a showing a little of his fine muscled chest.

Was this man really walking around like this in the office? I thought a little frown appearing on my face.

My hands were itching to reach out and button one button....

"I asked a question, Princesa" He says shifting his attention from the road and unto me in the back seat, drawing me out of my ogling.

Princess? Hol'up Sir!

When did we get there?

"Sorry, you were saying?"
I ask and he looks at me with 'are you for real right now' and let's out a sigh.

"Is he your boyfriend?!" He says calmly with a hint of annoyance.

I look at him for a while trying to register what he just said and then
I laugh.

I don't know what in the name of the Lord made me laugh but I was laughing.

I found it funny that this man

who never said hi,

asked how I was or

how my day went.

Is asking me if my probable crush was my boyfriend.

I was laughing like full on laughing like belly laughing.

Looking in the rear view mirror I see Aiden's confusion and shock in his eyes.

There's also a glint of another emotion which makes me pause to study it.

He looked, he looked almost ..................
...............................................mesmerized?

Yeah. Mesmerized.

However the mesmerized look on his face went as quick as it came.

I continue laughing like the kid I am and he looks confused and annoyed as Hell.

"Why are you laughing?" He asks.

We are now at the premises of the house.

"Let me, let me get this straight?"

I say pausing, taking a deep breath, "You, Aiden Richards, think I Karla, your wife is cheating on you?"

I burst out laughing again.

"Well Aiden. Let me say something.

You do not have the AUDACITY to make such claims because there's literally, nothing, nada zilch, nuh-thing, going on between us for which it qualifies me to cheat on you if I was cheating."

"Karla, I did not get tied down for 3 and a half years to result in you sauntering into a random douche's arms." He said.

I roll my eyes at this and say,
"Oh, so what I can't have friends now?"

"Yes. Friends who are and look like him." He says with no hesitation.

"What the heck, Aiden? You can't control my life. What do you mean by 'friends that are and look like him'?"
I say confused and annoyed.

"That idiot looks like he would screw you the minute he gets you alone.
Did you see the way he was groping you? That is exactly what I mean by friends like him." He says.