Back To The Future

Charlie Timothy's POV

  I walked to the mailbox as I held my coffee cup. Inside, I found an envelope with my name on it. Making my way back inside, I sit down in my recliner. The lamp gave off the slightest bit of light as I began opening up the envelope.

  Tim,
    It's been a while. Unfortunately dad has went missing just as mom did. They were both in terrible shape. There is a will left behind as he has been missing for so long he is pronounced dead. Come over to dad's so we can figure this out.
                                 Xoxo~ Emily

I haven't seen nor spoken to Emily in years. I pursued in trying to find out about these extra terrestrial beings as she became a doctor in upstate New York. I was the best lawyer around and I dropped everything after my experience with these beings.

Ten years earlier

  I made it back to my dorm. My vision was blurry as I took one last sip of my stiff drink. I plopped down on my bed as the room started spinning. Frat parties were always the best. I pulled the blanket over my head as a bright light began flickering in the room. All I remember is lying on a table with an alien type creature dissecting me. I saw mom as she stood over me.....

   I opened my eyes and it was morning, there was a lightning bolt shaped scar below my belly button.

-  -  -  -

  I trailed my fingers across that scar as I reminisce about that odd experience I had. I've never told anyone. I slung my bag in my bed and began throwing everything into it. Maybe going back is what I need to get to the bottom of this and understand why these creatures tormented my family.

  I arrived at the air port and got strapped into my seat. I looked up to the television as Lana Winters was getting interviewed. She was extremely weak. Dad told me stories about that bitch. From what I've heard, Briarcliff is now ran by even worse people. Nobody will completely shut it down for some reason. I shut my eyes and let me head back, awaiting my arrival to my childhood home.