Arriving At Briarcliff

Charlie grabbed my arm and helped me out of the cop car. A paparazzi was taking pictures of me. "Please back away." Charlie said. He brushed his finger on my skin. As we entered, there was a wide space with stairs that wrapped around the inside of the building. One man was banging his head on the wall while another was screaming. One odd looking girl with a misshaped head and a small ponytail ran up to me with a flower. "Play with me." She said. "PEPPER." An older nun walked up to her. "Pepper I told y-, you must be Olivia. I am Sister Jude, welcome to Briarcliff." She smiled. "I'll take it from here Charlie." She said as she motioned for him to leave. I gave Charlie a 'don't go' look as he nodded at me. She grabbed my arm and pulled me to her office. "Change into these." She gave me some ragged clothing. She then showed me my room, the kitchen and finished off by putting me into the common room. There was a song playing over and over. I could take it. I walked over and reached for it. "No!" A dark haired boy grabbed my hand. "If you stop the music, you'll be punished." He said. I grabbed my hand and put it in front of me. "I'm Kit, Kit Walker." He extended his hand. "Olivia Collins." I said as I grabbed his hand.

We talked at the table for a while. He told me how everyone said he murdered his wife, Alma. He claims aliens took her. "It sounds crazy, but I saw it. You gotta believe me." He said. "I believe you, but only if you believe me." I smiled at him. "I know just by looking at you that you're innocent. But the thing about Briarcliff.... you're never innocent here. They'll hold you here with everything in them." He looked down. "They think I'm Bloody Face." He then looked at me. "The killer, Bloody Face? That's all over the newspaper?" I questioned. "Yeah I guess they needed someone to pin all of the murders on after they accused me of Alma. I loved her so much I would never hurt her. I built our house for her." A tear went down his cheek. I grabbed his hand. "Kit?" I said softly. His brown eyes met mine. "Am I going to die here?" I asked. "I won't let you, many people think death is the only way out. I've been here for quite a while and I know there's a tunnel..." Sister Jude walked in. "We'll talk more later." I nodded at him. She walked past our table. Kit gave her a death glare. "It seems like you've made a new friend Kit Walker." Sister Jude told him. "Surely you've told her who you are." She looked at me. "He's not Bloody Face, he's innocent just like me." I told her. "Nobody here is innocent." She said sarcastically. "Well we are and as soon as we can we're getting out of this shithole." Kit yelled. Sister Jude's eyes widened. "I would like to go home, I didn't do anything wrong and I'd be damned if you can keep me here!" I snapped at her. "Foul language, I'm afraid, is against the rules." She answered. "Sister Mary Eunice!" She yelled. A petite nun came running. "Yes ma'am, yes Sister Jude?" She asked, with a scared tone. "Get shock therapy ready, Kit's friend needs to be cleansed." The small nun began walking quickly. "Yes ma'am, I'm on it ma'am." Kit stood up. "Don't you touch her." Guards came and grabbed him as he kicked and spat. Some grabbed me and pulled me through the double doors. "Kit!" I yelled. It was no use, I was out of the room and about to be punished for speaking my mind.