Chapter 2

"Ash hurry up! We're almost there, I can see the Pokemon Tower from here!" Misty called to Ash who was stumbling from exhaustion. Boys these days. Brock was already in town and loading up on supplies at the Poke Mart. Ash finally reached her side and his jaw dropped at the sight of the tower. "You can't tell me that even though you live in Kanto you've never been to Lavender Town?" Misty asked with disbelief edging her voice. Ash shook his head, embarrassed and Misty turned back to the scene. She could feel Ash's gaze on her and tried to ignore it.
     It seemed like Ash's head was always in the clouds these days. And she had caught him more than once staring at her. But when she talked to Ash, an emotion that had laid dormant for a couple years was trying to surge out. She had already guessed what was happening to her. Misty was in love with Ash. She couldn't be! First off, Ash was 5 years younger than her and second he was practically like a little brother to her. She shook her head and Ash tilted his head in confusion.
     "You OK?" Ash asked with concern creeping into his voice.
     "Yeah I'm fine. Let's go catch up to Brock before he gets rejected. Again." Ash laughed and Misty smiled. She liked when he laughed. It was like a ray of sunshine glowing under the sea. Ash absentmindedly clasped Misty's hand and she looked down to their intertwined fingers.
     "Oh gosh I'm sorry. I can let go if you'd like." Ash apologized and Misty chuckled softly.
     "It's fine. Your hand is warm anyways and mine is freezing." Misty said and she took off whilst dragging Ash behind her.