Chapter 6

Misty quietly walked in behind the two boys as they entered the tower. A woman had them pay to enter and they paid a small fee to climb the tower. Once they reached the second floor they all paused and huddled together with Pikachu watching for any pokemon who might come to attack them.
     "Listen up. Our priority here is for Ash to get a ghost type pokemon so then we can go to Saffron City. We need to all stick together so this is what I have proposed. Ash you and Misty start searching and climbing. I'll stay right here so that if you need anything you can let me know," Brock handed them each a small phone, "Call if you need anything or to tell me that you're done and coming back. Pikachu and Vaporeon can go with you but I'd like that you to keep each other safe." Brock finished and Ash and Misty nodded. The two pokemon came out and assumed their positions. The three parted and Ash grabbed Misty's hand. She blushed but in the faint purple light, you couldn't see much. They tiptoed along the paths, skirting the graves and silence befell the group. Pikachu led with Ash and Misty following and Vaporeon covering their backs. For awhile nothing stirred as they climbed up the tower. But when they reached the third floor, they saw a very unexpected sight. Champion Noni from Alola stood there with her trusty Glaceon beside her and a stranger with a scarred eye and blonde hair glared at her menacingly. He caught sight of Ash and a wicked smile unfurled on his face.
     "Ash Ketchum. What a surprise to find you here!" The man said with a wicked laugh. Noni glared at him and started to shuffle protectivly towards them.
     "Ash you have got to get out of here. I'll distract Guzma while you and your girlfriend get out of here." She said under her breath. Noni's cape shielded them from Guzma's view whilst he laughed.
     "She's not my girlfriend!" Ash said hotly. Noni cast a sideways smile at him and then her face was fixed once more on Guzma.
     "There isn't time for this. Just go!" She whispered and Ash prepared to leave. Guzma's laughter stopped as he saw what they were doing.
     "Oh you're not going anywhere." Guzma said and about a dozen people who wore Team Skull masks cut off any escape routes. "Oh Ash. How long have I waited for this moment! I was going to get revenge on only you for this horrible scar that you gave me but killing all of you will be so much fun!" Guzma said and a knife flew threw the air towards his throat. He blinked and saw the knife clattering to the floor. Noni had blocked his knife with her sword. Ash didn't even know she had one.
     "Get out of here!" She yelled and the grunts pressed in from all sides. Her sword moved in rhythmic grace as she attacked the guards. Ash took Misty's hand and they fled unaware that a certain someone was following them from behind.