Chapter 3

Ash raced behind Misty and came to a halt and almost crashed into her rear. Misty was trying her hardest not to laugh and Ash saw why. Brock was confessing his undying love to a random trainer who looked familiar.
     "May? What are you doing here?" Ash asked incredously. May turned and saw Ash.
     "Ash! It's been so long! How are you?!" May crashed into Ash with a hug. He gingerly hugged her back, aware of the glare that Misty was giving her.
     "Hey May I'm doing good. Let me introduce you to Brock and Misty. My friends from the very beginning." Misty pulled Brock up by the ear and nodded curtly to May before scolding Brock.
     "Hi I'm May nice to meet you guys!" May said happily. She turned to Ash and gave him a smile that Ash internally cringed. Ash knew very well that May had an obvious crush on him and God how he hated it. "I'm on vacation in Kanto to visit my relatives here for awhile. Max didn't come because he had some business to do back home." She said and Ash nodded. "What are you doing here?"
     "I'm visiting the Pokemon Tower to catch some ghost type Pokemon for the Saffron City Gym." Ash responded.
     "Ooh do you guys have a place to stay? You could come over to my house if you'd like and we can all hang out if you know what I mean." May winked at him and he almost vomited. Jeez couldn't this girl take a hint? He was 10 for god's sake!
     "Actually we're staying at my cousin's house but thanks for the offer. We'll be going now. Bye!" Misty grabbed Ash and Brock and pelted for the door. They all hid behind the center and Brock rubbed his sore ear.
     "Thanks Misty. I really needed help there." Ash thanked her and she shrugged nonchalantly.
     "It was nothing. I didn't want to spend the night at her house anyway." Misty said and walked back inside the Pokemon Center. May was gone and Misty was at the counter asking for a possibility of a room to sleep in. Ash thought hard about what she had said. Was it possible that she didn't want him to be with May? Did she return his feelings? No of course not. Misty was just being... Misty. A pang went into his heart at the thought and he shut it out as she was coming back.
     "Did we get rooms?" Ash asked before she could tell them. She gave him an annoyed look.
     "If you had let me speak I would have told you already. And yes we did." She said and collected her things. Ash grabbed his and they followed Nurse Joy to their rooms. One room was for just Misty and Brock and Ash shared one.
     "Night Misty!" Brock said and vanished into their room.
     "Night Brock!" Misty said and Ash turned to go into his room. "Sweet dreams Ash." Misty said softly and walked into her room.
     "Goodnight my Misty." Ash called softly and walked into his room and placed his sleeping bag down. It was a long while until he slept but his dreams were filled with things that he could never have however much he wanted her.