Chapter 7

Ash and Misty ran down the steps as the fighting noises eased. They stopped for a moment to rest and then huddled by a gravestone to take in all that had happened.
     "Who was that girl?" Misty asked after a moment.
     "That's Champion Noni from Alola. She's about 20 or so and I met her when I went to Alola to train. She's really protective of me when I went there and she's been through a lot. Heck she even wrote her own books!" Ash said and Misty looked away. "You know that she could never take your place." Ash murmured softly. Misty burned bright red and Ash looked like a tomato.
     "Young love. How sweet." A familiar voice said. Both Ash and Misty jumped up and swiveled around. Guzma was slouched on the way with his one red eye glistening hungrily at the two of them.
     "W-what happened to Noni? I thought she killed you!" Ash said with dread in his voice. Guzma shrugged.
     "My grunts will kill her easily. She's too weak if you ask me."
     "She's stronger than you imagine! What happens when Gladion finds out that you murdered the love of his life?" Ash taunted and Guzma's eyes glowed with anger.
     "You'll regret that Ash. I was going to have fun with this but I guess we're going the hard way then." Guzma said and pulled out a gun. Ash's heart was beating so fast, he thought it might burst out of his chest. Pikachu smelled his fear scent and formed a barrier with Vaporeon in front of Guzma. He cackled and prepared to take a shot at Ash. As the bullet came out, a sword flung through the path of the bullet, deflecting it and sending it into a nearby wall. He turned to see where the sword came from and saw a relieving sight. Noni stood there with her eyes glowing in fury and hatred and full of wounds. Blood was in her eye and for a moment she looked just like Guzma. One red eye and it glowing with anger and hatred.
     "Leave them alone you *****." Noni said glaring at Guzma. He glowered and then turned to Ash.
     "This isn't over, kid. And you," he pointed to Noni, "If you ever want to see your boyfriend alive again, I suggest you stay away from me from now on." He threw a smoke bomb and vanished in a cloud of red smoke. Alarms went everywhere telling everyone to leave the tower. Unbeknownst to the one kid and two teens and their pokemon, a curious Haunter was following them as they rushed out.