Chapter 5

Ash ran to the front of the Pokemon Tower and stood in awe as it reached high up into the sky.
     "It's brilliant isn't it? My sister took me here once when her pokemon died and I never forgot how amazing it was." Misty said with a smile. Their hands were still intertwined and Ash never wanted to let go. Brock came up behind them, panting and sat down.
     "Give me just a sec." Brock panted. Suddenly a Cubone ran in between Ash's legs and ran into the tower.
     "Cubone! Wait!" A voice called. Ash turned and saw a boy with brown hair and brown eyes running towards the tower. As soon as he saw Misty he stopped and his jaw dropped. He took a couple of deep breaths and held out his hand. "Hi I'm Roran and nice to meet you beautiful." The boy said and winked at her. Misty rolled her eyes and ignored his hand shake. Ash got in between the two of them with anger pooling in his gut. How dare he call her beautiful!
     "Yeah hi I'm Ash and aren't you supposed to be going after that Cubone?" Ash asked angrily. Roran looked about the same age as Misty and he laughed.
      "Ha! Lookit this little kid trying to play the tough guy! I'm sure that Pretty Eyes here would much rather take me on a date than you." Roran sneered.
     "You listen here you little ****! I'm not going out with you because I hardly even know you! I just met you like 5 minutes ago! And I'm going out with someone else!" Misty growled and Ash looked at her in astonishment.
     "Who?" Roran asked curiously.
     "Me." Ash said before he could process the fury that had come out as well as what he had just said. Roran looked at him in surprise.
     "You?! You look like your only 10!" Roran said. "I need some proof before you go telling me that your dating someone who looks 5 years older than you." Roran said with a smirk. Misty glared at him.
     "You want proof? Here's some proof for you!" Misty said and grabbed Ash's collar of his shirt. He definitely wasn't prepare for what happened next. Misty shoved her lips onto his and Ash's eyes stretched wide open. Misty closed her eyes and before Ash could even think, she pulled away and glared at Roran. "Was that enough proof for you?" She asked with a searing glare. Roran backed away and glared at Ash.
     "This isn't over you little ****! She will be mine and you just wait!" He said and took off into the tower.
     "Are you ok, Ash?" Misty asked him and Ash nodded weakly. He touched his lips with his hand and Misty noticed. He swore he saw her blush slightly but she had turned back to a normal color by the time he was about to ask her. "Sorry about that. That jerk wasn't about to take no for an answer and...yea." Misty said with a glare back at the area that he had retreated to.
     "It's fine. I didn't mind at all." Ash said with a shrug. You didn't mind?!! Ash internally screamed and he tried to shove the volcano of feelings that was trying to erupt.
     "Well let's get to it because I want to be at Saffron City by nightfall." Brock said and pushed through the two of them and they ran to catch up with him.