Chapter 10

Misty ran out the door with silent tears on her rosy cheeks. I mean nothing to him, she thought and ran blindly not caring where she was going. She stopped at a small pool of water that had been made by the recent rain. It was dawn and fog hung thick in the air. A wave of fresh sobs overcame her and her tears dropped into the pool.
     "Hello little lady. Where's your boyfriend this time?" A familiar voice said. She turned to see Roran, the horrible man that she had kissed Ash for. He was leaning against a pole with a smirk on his face.
     "I dunno. Gone." She said weakly.
     "I've got a proposition for you." He said coming closer to her.
     "What is it?" She asked slowly backing away. He stopped and smiled
     "I've teamed up with someone who wants the same thing as I do. Well one of the things. Anyway you might know him." Roran paused and Misty intervened.
     "Are you talking about Guzma?" The name shook her to the bone as she recalled the horrifying man.
     "Yes actually. He told me that if I lead you away from Ash, he'll kill him and then we can date. Sounds rather simple, right? All you gotta do is pretend to be dating me and then Ash will be heartbroken and fall right into Guzma's trap. If you refuse..." Roran said and a dagger slid near her throat.
     "If you refuse, I'll take everyone you ever cared about away from you. We'll give you till tomorrow to think about it. Meet me here tomorrow and give me your choice. Hopefully you make the right call so I don't have to kill too many people. If you tell anyone...well let's just say that you won't see another dawn again. Fair enough?" Guzma's voice said. Misty nodded as best as she could without touching the dagger. "See you then..." Guzma and Roran faded into the fog and Misty started to shiver uncontrollably.
     "Misty! Where are you?!" Brock's voice called.
     "Misty! I'm sorry for everything that I said!" Ash's voice called.
     "Pika!!!" Pikachu's voice called.
     "Vapor! Va!!" Vaporeon called. Misty made the decision. There was no way that she could tell anyone what she had heard. A smile flickered on her lips and she fingered the ring that Noni had given her. But there was one person who she could tell that no one would know about. Noni. Misty remembered something that Noni had also told her about the ring.

(Flashback)
     "This ring will protect you and there's also one more trick to it," Noni clicked the symbol to the left and disappeared. A ghostly voice said into her ear, "Now click it to the right." She did as she was told and Noni appeared again. "Neat huh? Now you and I can talk if you ever need to talk about a certain someone or any other problems." She said with a wink and Misty smiled.
(Flashback ends)

     "I guess it's time to use her ring and test it out." Misty said and clicked the symbol to the right. Noni's form glowed in front of her, very faintly at first and then got stronger and then stopped. She looked just like how she looked before she died. With her curly hair flowing into her cape and her glowing brown eyes, she looked just how Misty had last seen her. She wore a black undershirt with ripped jean shorts and laced black converse. She also had her Z ring and her trusty Glaceon at her side.
     "Can you hear me?" Noni asked and Misty nodded. "Perfect so what's up?"
     "Can anyone else see you?" Misty asked and Noni shook her head.
     "No one else can unless you give them permission to. And don't worry; right now you look like your sitting down and enjoying the weather. I made it that way so that you look normal to everyone else. Now tell me what is wrong." Misty poured out the whole story of what had happened since Noni's death. Noni listened quietly and sighed when her tale was completed. "Well you have gotten yourself into quite the predicament." She observed.
     "Don't you think I know that? Now just help me!" Misty said, exasperated.
     "Excuse me, I'm not someone to be bossed around you know. Calm down because I think I've got a plan."