Chapter 4

Misty woke up to a tail in her face.
     "Vaporeon get your tail out of my face; it's too early for your shenanigans." She grumbled and Vaporeon slid off of her and landed lightly on the floor with and indignant chirp. Misty got up out of bed and blinked in the morning light. She just couldn't forget what she had heard Ash say to her before she had gone to bed.

(Flashback)
     "Sweet dreams Ash." Misty said softly and walking into her room.
     "Goodnight my Misty." Ash called softly and walked into his room.
(Flashback ends)

     Misty blushed remembering what he said and forced the happiness down. Oh Arceus please don't let me freak out around him, Misty prayed and she changed into her usual clothes. She got out of her room and turned to see the little 10 year old who had stolen her heart.
     Arceus how he was cute! He was sticking a lollipop stick in his mouth and tracing the map with his finger to pinpoint where they were. To any normal person he looked and acted like the average ten year old. But to Misty he acted older and more mature and heck he even looked older to her.
     "Morning Ash!" She said, a little louder than she'd intended and a couple people stared at her oddly. She tried to ignore them and Ash looked at her with a twinkle in his eyes.
     "Ready to head to the Pokemon Tower after breakfast?" Ash asked her and Pikachu, who was sitting on his shoulder, ran up to Vaporeon and tried to play with it. Vaporeon ignored him and continued to wash herself and Pikachu sat back on his haunches and waited for her to be done. Misty nodded and she felt a warm hand clasp hers. She looked at Ash and saw a soft smile on his face.
     "Don't worry, I'll protect you." He said and Misty internally melted. She tried to stop gazing at his face and found that it was nearly impossible until Vaporeon flashed a claw out and caught Pikachu on the nose. Pikachu squealed and brought the two of them out of their trance and they both laughed.
     "I think I'll be the one protecting you as I'm older of course!" Misty said and Ash pouted. She laughed again and they both waited with their fingers intertwined until Brock showed up.

Somewhere far away...

     "Is it ready yet?" Giovanni asked the grunt beside him.
     "Almost boss; our pokemon professor is just adding some final tweaks and then it'll be complete." The grunt said. Giovanni nodded thoughtfully and gazed out onto the open city.
     "It is almost time for my plan to come into action then. I trust that Ash will be destroyed before then?" Giovanni asked.
     "Yep we have our best assassin hot on his trail!" The grunt said excitedly.
     "Who did you send?" Giovanni asked the grunt.
     "The highest ranked assassin in the entire world!" The grunt exclaimed.
     "Good. Now leave me be Grunt." The grunt backed out of the room and a red eye glinted from the shadows. "I thought you were hot on his trail, Guzma." Giovanni said without turning around.
     The figure moved out of the shadows and gave Giovanni a wicked smile. The man was tall and blonde headed with his traditional Team Skull clothing. One of his eyes was scarred and it was completely blind. His other eye had turned red out of malice.
     "Eh I know where he's at already so I'm just waiting for the right time to strike." Guzma shrugged and slouched against the wall. The grunt came back in and saw Guzma and tried to warn his boss. Quick as lightning, Guzma slit the grunts throat and he fell to the floor with a lifeless thud. Giovanni didn't show that he was mildly impressed with the speed of which he killed the grunt.
     "I see I was wrong about you." Giovanni said.
     "Don't worry 'boss'," Guzma said with a glint in his one eye, "Ash is as good as dead when I get to him."