001: head over heels

Y/n' s pov:

I open the door and see arne in front me with a big wide smile. I tilt by head so confused at what he could be so happy about.

"What are you smiling about?" I say as he enters my house. He was literally skipping he was really happy about something i thought. He grabs my sweater from my jacket racket and responds to my question.

"You and me are going out!" He said and smiled wider.

This was odd.. very odd like I know we've been friend for years but since I turned 18 he's been acting weird around me. I mean at first I didn't even notice anything but then we didn't hang out as much but when we did he didn't like it just being the two of us.

"You're insane." I reply as I grab my sweater from him and put it on. He chuckled slightly at my remark.

"Come on y/n how long has it been since we've hung out?"

"Okay don't try to blame that on me it's all you" I say.

"Okay well I do take the blame on that."

"Exactly" I say

"Okay just put on your shoes." He said

I grab my sneakers and put them while he talks.

"I found this random picture of us." He put his hand into his pocket and pulls out a small Polaroid of both of us on our bikes.

A smile forms on my face as I recall the memories of us when we were kids. I grab the picture from his hand and look at how little me was looking at arne. I smile remembering how In love I was with him.

"So what you want to go out on a bike ride?" I say while handing back the photo. He nods in response.

"I just woke up from a nap tho can't we just watch a movie?" I reply yawning and sitting down on my couch.

"Get your lazy butt up!!" Arne replied and grabbed my hand to pick me up from the couch. I collapse my whole body on him.

"Look I can't even stand!" I say still laying on arnes body.

Maybe I'm crazy but why did this make me so happy? I mean I did this when we were like 10 and I never felt this way. He wrapped his arms around my neck and held me for like a second. I smile and blushed. I just push myself off not wanting to feel that way anymore.

I roll my eyes and let out a deep sigh.

"Ugh fine" I say.

"YAA! The ultimate duo is back on!" He said while heading out the door.

I get my bike from outside and begin to get on it.

"Where are we gonna go anyways I don't think you know this but we live in a boring ass town." I say as I begin to Peddle.

"I saw we just go straight and wherever we go we go!" He said speeding off down to block from me. I grunt. Like come I just woke up from a fat nap and he wants to race?

I peddle faster and faster. A lot of thoughts are going through my head a little adrenaline rush i guess than I remembered something. Michelle! Arne said he was gonna go to her house to help her and her family with something. I never ask to many questions because well I don't wanna seem jealous. But I actually do wanna know what happened with them since Michelle is both of our friend.

I peddle on and catch up with arne to ask him what happened.

"So.." I say, arne roll his eyes.

I laugh slightly at his reaction. He knew me too well. He probably knew by the tone of my voice i was gonna ask something about what happened last week.

"No nothing happened.... well not sexually anyways." He replied.

"Then what did happen?"

Arne slowed down on bike and turned his head to look at me.

"Okay so yknow her brother Rory right?"

"Duh hes her little brother how would I not?"

"Well something odd has been happening to him recently."

"Odd how?" I question.

"Well I know I'm going to sound crazy to you but he was possessed"

I stop completely on my tracks and so does Arne. I grab my bike from the handle bars and begin to walk over to him and touch his head. I touch mine and they feel the same. (Idk if I described this well but by touching someone's head and your own you can see if their temperature is warmer than yours)

"Hm maybes it's something mentally wrong." I say and chuckle a little at my own joke. He nudged my hand away.

"Come on y/n im not joking!" He grunted

"Oh please arne are you trying to scare me or something?"

"I'm not 12" I continue

"If you're gonna keep acting like this im not gonna tell you what happened." He said as he grabbed his handle bars from this bike

"Okay not like I care about a made up ghost story Arne." I reply as I get back on my bike and peddle down the street.

I hear arne sigh. I mean what does he expect he sounds insane! I would believe him if it was anything else but like a made up ghost story uh..? We continue going down the road without speaking a word it wasn't like an awkward silence it was more like that moment in films where it's quiet and music plays. And that's exactly how it felt.

A coming of age film as the wind hit my hair. My moment was disturbed by someone.

"So are you going to Michelle's moms thing?" Arne suddenly says.

"Hm I'll have to see I might be busy." I say.

"Busy with what?"

"I do have a life outside of you yknow?"

I hear him chuckle. I turn to the left as we approach a dead end, I put my feet down to stop my bike, arne does the same. I head over to a crib, stick out the metal part so my bike doesn't fall and sit down.

"You should come you haven't seen her in a while" arne says while heading towards the crib to sit down.

"Who Michelle or her mom?" I reply as I face my head towards the sky to see the clouds.

"Both."

"I said I'll see arne."

"why did you wanna hang out today anyways and go biking you really woke me up from a nap." I continue. I see from the corner of my eye him smirking.

"Do I need a reason to hang out with my best friend?" He questioned me I just reply with a simply head nod no.

"Just that we haven't been hanging out a lot lately." I say.

"Yeah sorry about that just."
He mumbled the rest of his sentence "im head over heels in love with you."