014: liability

♣
———————————————————————————
"Hey." Lorraine smiles at me. I smile at back. "How are you doing?" She asks. I fix my dress, I honestly didn't know how to feel. I was still processing and everything and trying to believe that Arne was innocent. he is innocent right? Lorraine grabs my hands. "Y/n all he needs right now is know that you're here for him." Lorraine speaks softly.

"I'm sorry its- just I don't know I mean I was just living my life just a few days ago and now I'm here in a court room." I reply. "No one really thinks anything like this will happen but just know that just for you being here youre really helping Arne." Lorraine says. I look at her and then back at my thighs. Someone clears their throat and I look up. Ed stood in front of me and Lorraine.

"How you holding up kiddo?" Ed asks me as he begins to sit down near Lorraine, I see Lorraine nudge him "what?" Ed mumbles. "I'm fine thanks Ed. Did you see arne or ms Cabot?" I ask looking at him.

"Yeah shes just prepping him." He responds. I hear almost like hundreds of people footsteps outside the doors. All three of us turn around. It seemed like there was at least like 20 or more reporters there with cameras. I look at Lorraine and she looks at Ed. "Um Lorraine?" I mumble still looking at all the reporters. "Y/n just act like they're not here okay?" Lorraine says. Her voice was off like she was as scared as me.

My heart was beating fast almost like it was gonna jump out my own body. I look away from the door and just look straight. I try to relax my body but somehow I became more tense. God how did my life turn this upside down?

Once again I hear the door open up, I turn around hoping it's not another reporter. It was Arne and ms Cabot. Ms Cabot looked at me and tapped my back. I smile awkwardly. I begin to bite my nails as the judge sits down. I begin to shut down all the outside noise and just stare at the back of arne.

"What do you plead?" The judge says. I begin to pay attention when the judge speaks. Ms Cabot stands up and proudly says "Not guilty on the plead of ghost possession."

I exhale loudly. I mean I knew we were gonna plead not guilty but it sounded crazy saying it out loud. I see the Prosecutions laugh at Ms Cabot. "If that's what you plead." The judge says. "Bail is set for 10,000" the judge says. I look at Lorraine and cover my mouth. "10,000?!" I whisper yell at her. She looks at me.

"It's the best we could get Y/n." She whispers back. The judge walks off, as soon as he does it's like the reporters just came attacking. I follow behind ms Cabot and Arne but the reporters began to ask questions.

"Y/n why are you protecting him?" One asks. Another starts shoving their camera in my face. "Y/n are you protecting him cause you love him?"

Once that question was asked I looked at arne and he was already looking at me. I look away quickly.

People were also shoving camera in Ed and Lorraine face. They kept asking and yelling questions. I felt like I was trapped but ms Cabot just kept yelling "no comment."

Once we finally made it outside the court house an officer backed up the reporters from us. I felt like I could breathe again.

"What the hell was that?" I ask Ms Cabot. She sighs. "I knew this was gonna happen but I didn't expect so many reporters." She responds and rubs the temples of her head. "What do they want?" Lorraine calmly says. "This is a big story especially considering nothing like this happened in the states before so there is definitely gonna be people coming after all of you." Ms Cabot states.

"Why?" Arne asks. "I-I what do you mean come after us?" I ask. We continue walking toward our cars. "I mean that they're gonna ask you questions they're gonna take pictures of you doing whatever and if you do anything bad trust me they're gonna be there." Ms Cabot says.

I back up from arne and ms Cabot. "I-" i start rethinking everything. "I didnt want this I just wanted to protect arne I didn't want this-" I keep repeating. All of them start looking at me. I felt like I was going to pass out.

"Y/n? Y/n!" I hear arne yell at me. I look up at him. He was so tall, so pretty but no matter how beautiful he looked how could I protect him without hurting myself? I start breathing heavily. "Y/n?" I fall onto the ground and cover my mouth.

I close my eyes. "Y/n" i open them to see Lorraine. Ed, Ms Cabot and Arne all just staring at me but Lorrian was trying to comfort me. "I know you didn't want this to happen but you care about Arne and you don't have to do this but you have to fight for what is right." She says.

I exhale loudly and inhale even louder. I stand up and look at everyone. "Im sorry.. I'm sorry arne I can do this." I say.

"Y/n you shouldn't hurt yourself to protect me." Arne states. I look at him. "Its what best friends do." I reply.
——————————————————————————

hi guys I haven't wrote for this fanfic in like months 😪. but i just wanna say thanks for all the support! I have like the biggest writers block every-time I try to write for this fanfic so I'm sorry this is ass. There is also another fanfic I've been working on so i would really appreciate it if you guys will also support that one.