012: so it goes...

Y/n's

She looks down at her seat she straightened up her skirt a tad bit before sitting down.

"Hello." She generously smiled. I smile back as she pointed towards the leather black seat. I sit down. She shuffles through papers around her desk and looks at me.

"I'm so glad you've come here to talk I think you will really help the case."

"I just wanna do whatever I can to help arne." I respond.

"Right." She muttered

"Well I ought to introduce myself, I'm arnes lawyer Alexander Cabot but everyone calls me Alex." She moved up her seat and takes out her hand for me to shake.

"Well it honestly seems like everyone I've been meeting already knows me." I shake her hand.

"Well you are all over the news, and you're honestly famous in the town" Alex replies. I let out a small giggle. She smiles back than looks back down at the papers scattered around her desk.

"I just wanna ask is there anything we can do to help get arne to not go to jail?" I find it hard to ask but do anyways.

She sighs and grasps her hands together.

"My job is to be brutally honest so here it is. I do think that your statement will help arne not get an extreme sentence but he will definitely go to prison." She looks me right into the eyes as she spoke. I got a cold shiver as it seemed like she was the first person ever to tell me something straight up like that.

I clear my throat.

"Thank you for being honest." I remarked. She smiles once again begins looking at the papers on her desk. I decide not say anything else.

"Well I heard The warrens are gonna be joining us?" She asked me.

"I do think they are supposed to." I shuffle around in my seat uncomfortably as she looked at the papers in front her.

"Okay well I do think we shall wait for them since I also believe they have new things to add to arnes case." She states I nod in response.

I just watched her in silence. We both didn't say anything for a few minutes all that could be heard was the ruffling of papers. I fidget with my fingers as she pulls out a file from one of the cabinets. She stacks them in a perfect straight line then begins reading.

My heart was probably the only sound heard besides the ruffling of paper.

I just continue to sit as the Hums from the air conditioner flow through my ears.

Knock.

We both turn our heads to the sound of the knock

Finally it took them long enough my body went more relaxed and I let out a loud exhale.

"So sorry we're so late!" Lorraine smiled while pulling Ed's wheel chair into the room. She continued to smile as she moved Ed's chair closer to Alex's desk.

"We would have gotten here sooner than later but this one kept nagging." Lorraine said pulling up a chair next to Ed's. Ed just rolled his eyes he was probably tired of being babied.

"You're fine, please seat." Alex said, Lorraine looks at me and smiles she sits in between me and Ed.

"Well I wanna thank y/n for coming first of all." Alex looks at me.

"But Im gonna be honest, I'm reading through the file and I don't think there is much we can do for arne and..." she clears her throat and her shoulders begin to tense up