002: jealousy, jealousy

Y/no's pov:
"Come on Bruno you know I don't work on weekends" I say while grabbing the bags of dog food.

"I let arne live here for free! That should buy me the weekends and holidays." Bruno says as he takes another puff of his cigarette. I just sigh. It's true arne would have no where to go so..

"Okay I'll see if I can Bruno."

"Woohoo!" He put his fists in the air.

"Yeah I mean you don't know a single thing about these dogs." I reply

"So when did you say you were gonna be gone?" Bruno said heading over to the Stereo to play music.

"Awe what are you gonna miss me." I chuckle

I hear arne come down from downstairs.

"I'm just gonna be gone for an hour anyways I have this arne is forcing me to go to." I reply while putting some dog food in the bowls.

"Hey why you let me sleep for so long?" Arne said stretching.

"Speak of the devil" I whisper to Bruno

"Let you? I couldn't wake you." I see his shoes in front of me and look up at him. He practically towered over me.

"Odd."

"Yeah i guess well anyways at least you aren't late for work." I look at my watch and it was barely 4.

"But you better hurry before you are." I continue

"Shit what time is it?" Arne asked.

"It's barely 4." Bruno said as he walks over to the both of us.

"God turn the music down Bruno!" I yell while walking over to check the dogs that barked loudly.

"Well you better go before this one asks you to do something" I continue. Arne just chuckles and grabs his keys from the front desk.

"Hey Arne before you go you wanna make an extra 5 bucks?" Bruno yelled

"See what I tell you!" I yell at arne as he walks over to his truck. He just waved to me as Bruno walked over to him. I couldn't hear them but I would have to assume it's his radio because the music just sounded like something out of a horror movie when it played music.

"Remeber to pick me up so we can go to Michelle's thing!" I yell as I go back inside to walk the dogs.

-a few hours later-

"Hey Bruno I'm gonna head out I'll be back in 3 hour top!" I yell.

Bruno just smiles and waves to me. That's just his way of saying goodbye so I just grab my bag and start heading over to my house. I shuffle through my bag to get my Walkman.

"There's a lady who's sure all that glitters is gold
And she's buying a stairway to heaven" the song blasts through my earbuds. I smile as I walk down the block and see how peaceful it looked. It was a little windy so my hair got gushed across my faces

I finally get to my house as soon as the song finished. I search my bag for the keys and unlock the door.

"Honey, I'm home!" I laugh at my own joke knowing no one is home. I just head over to my room knowing that arne will be here soon.

As I pick an outfit I think about why he would even want to go to this Michelle thing. Like okay I would have to admit she is prettier and funnier and caring and... now that I think about this Michelle has everything better than me..!?! And Arne has been hanging out with her more.

A knock comes from the door. I jump as I was lost in my own thoughts. "Fuck me" I mumble as I head over to the door.

Arne is there. His hair wasn't pushed to the side I put one eyebrow down at his look. He looked confused as me but then touched his hair.

"Oh this?" I just nod in response to his question.

"Yeah I had to do some work on a rooftop and it's so windy my hair got messed up" he flopped his arms and frowned. I tiptoed and put my hands on his head to make his hair as floppy as usual.

"There.. perfect" I smiled and got back on my toes.

He just stared at me for a while. I was confused.

"What?" I rub my face just in case there was something on it.

"You look kinda beautiful from this angle" He mumbled.

"Did you hit your head too?" I say.

"I'm not kidding..." he replied. My heart started fluttering. I struggled to find words or do anything. This honestly felt like a romcom.

"You're so corny" i finally say

"Let's just go." I continued. Arne nods grabbing his car keys from his pocket.

"Well we better hurry Bruno wants me back in like 3 hours." I say locking my house door. Arne looks away.

"Why does he always want you to work?" Arne questioned while he opened the car door for me.

"I don't know maybe he's secretly in love with me." I say in a joking tone and laugh.

"I would have to guess that too." Arne said in a more serious tone I watched his hand as he gripped the steering wheel.

"Really? Hm I should ask him out on a date then" I reply looking at the window. I put down the window and feel the air rushing through my air and then a huge gush of wind hit my entire face. I look back at arne to see him driving faster than the speed limit.

"Okay arne maybe you ought to slow down!" I say while sinking into my seat. "I was joking" I continue

"I know." He said in a more serious tone and starts slowing down.

"What's with the sad face than? you jealous he gets to spend more time with me than you?" I say calling down. He just chuckles.

"Why you're MY best friend so I don't think I got nothing to worry about." I see him smirk as he says that. I got butterflies... maybe it's cause he said "mine"