The Muggle-Born Registration Commission

Rosabella's Point of View:
The next morning I received many the names of people from Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw who wanted to join. About ¾ of Hufflepuff wanted to join and half of Ravenclaw. I told the D.A to tell them the plan. Our main priority was the protection of the students.
McGonagall held me back after Transfiguration.
   "You've done it haven't you?" McGonagall asked me.
   "Yes." I answered, casually knowing she was referring to the D.A.
McGonagall stared at me for a moment.
   "I did wonder why you weren't with Mr Potter on this . . . task that Dumbledore has set him. Mr Weasley and Miss Granger I'm guessing have accompanied him, why haven't you?" McGonagall asked.
   "Hogwarts couldn't lose both of us and what happened in the cave really scared him. He didn't want to risk it." I said.
McGonagall looked at me sympathetically. I looked away from her. I didn't want her to see how much I missed Harry. I missed him more then I thought I would. It was a lot harder, coming back to Hogwarts without him, then I had perceived it would be. Waking up, no Hermione greeting me in the morning or trying to pull me out of bed. No Ron and Harry waiting in the common room. It seems like everything that made Hogwarts, Hogwarts was now gone.
   "I see. Well, I will assist you in anyway I can. Listen to me, Rosabella, these Carrows are not to be underestimated. They are ruthless." McGonagall said with concern.
I looked at McGonagall determinedly.
   "Maybe they shouldn't underestimate me." I said and then left the classroom.

It was now break and I was making my way down the sloping lawns towards Hagrid's hut. It felt weird walking this oath alone. No Ron and Hermione bickering. No Harry holding my hand and rolling his eyes at the bickering.
I knocked on the door of Hagrids hut. I heard the usual loud barking if Fang. Hagrid opened the door and smiled at me sadly.
   "'Ello, Ro. C'mon in." Hagrid said.
I gave him a small smile as I entered his hut. I stroked Fang as I sat down at the table.
Hagrid sat down opposite me.
    "Guessing Harry, Ron and Hermione aren't back?" Hagrid asked.
   "No." I said, trying not to sound amazing lost as I felt.
   "Please tell me yeh're not up to mischief?" Hagrid said pleadingly.
I smirked.
   "Have you met me?" I said, grinning.
   "I'm serious, Ro. These Carrows aren't messing around. The other teachers here can only do so much." Hagrid said worriedly.
   "I didn't come back so I could be intimated by the Carrows. I'm fighting Hagrid because I won't be able to look myself in the mirror if I stood by while people around me are tortured." I said defiantly.
Hagrid started at me anxiously for a few minutes before he eventually shook his head and smiled ever so slightly.
   "Sirius would be proud, not sure he would approve but he would be proud. Yeh're yeh father's daughter Ro, he wouldn't of stood for it either. Neither would Rosalie." Hagrid said.
I smiled at Hagrid as I held back tears. I couldn't stay much longer because I had to get to my next class.

I hurried up the sloping steps and as I made my way to charms I saw Amycus Carrow beating up a first year.
   "Maybe this will teach you not to shout in the halls!" Amycus said with a gleeful expression as he struck the first year again.
I whipped my wand out.
   "Levicorpus!" I yelled.
Amycus let out an angry shout if shock as he was suspended in the air.
   "Run." I told the first year.
He didn't need telling twice. With a grateful look at me he sprinted off.
   "You little brat! Fancy yourself to be a hero, eh? We'll see about that! Put me down and we'll see how brave you are!" Amycus roared at me.
I rolled my eyes, unbotherrd by his threats and I let him fall to the floor. He landed with a thud. Amycus winced at the throb but he was soon on his feet, his wand pointed towards me. My wand was already pointing at him.
I was quick but so was he. Our spells flew though the air. They bounced off the walls. I held my own well and I could tell Amycus was surprised and angry.
Snape eventually intervened.
    "Amycus, don't you have a class to teach? You can finish this in Black's detention." Snape said in a cold voice.
I glared at Snape as Amycus grinned and headed off to the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom. I turned to leave.
    "You should be more wise Black. Keep your head down and don't try to  play the hero." Snape said to me.
   "You couldn't even pretend to be one." I spat at Snape as I stormed off for charms.