Godrics Hollow

Rosabella's Point of View:
I was in the hospital for a few days. I had a lot of visitors but Ginny, Neville, Luna and Seamus were always there.
    "I - I can't believe it." Ginny said tears in her eyes.
     "Hey, I'm okay. It takes more then a few cuts to stop me." I said and gave her a friendly wink.
Ginny gave me a weak smile ad she clutched my hand.
     "Are you going to be okay?" Seamus asked.
     "No lasting injuries. Not even a scar." I assured him.
     "Ro, the strength you showed was . . . unbelievable. You didn't even scream." Neville said in awe.
      "And give them that satisfaction? I think not." I scoffed and the others laughed lightly.
I then sighed.
     "So tell me, how many people have left the D.A?" I asked hesitantly.
     "None. What you did was very inspiring." Luna said in a dreamy voice.
I looked at them in surprise and I couldn't help but smile at the loyalty of the D.A. I then looked around at the Hospital.

Every bed was full.

My heart twinged with pain. With me out of commission many students had been tortured by the Carrows.
    "Anyone who talked about what happened in the Great Hall got beat up by the Carrows. We managed to help a few but . . ." Neville said quietly.
At that moment a heavily bleeding first year was being guided into the hospital wing by Professor Slughorn.

I immediately jumped out of bed.
    "Rosabella, you're still injured." Madam Pomfrey protested.
      "Not nearly as much as him." I said as I helped Professor Slughorn guide the student to the bed.
I ignored the aching pain in my back. The first year was sobbing, clearly in a tremendous amount of pain. I knelt down in front of him.
I smiled soothingly at him as I held his hands in mine.
    "What's your name?" I asked softly as Madam Pomfrey got to work on his injuries.
     "L - L - Lucas Mal – Malcom." The boy said as his voice broke with sobs.
I felt a dull stab of pain my heart as I fought back the memories of Lucas.
I smiled even more kindly at the boy.
     "That was my big brothers name." I said softly.
      "R - R – Really?" The boy said as he sobbed.
      "Yes. He was very brave." I said in a soothing voice.
     "Was?" The boy asked with a muffled sob.
     "He died. Protecting Hogwarts." I said with a sad smile at the terrified boy.
     "He was brave, like you?" The boy said as he hiccupped in breath.
I was glad I was distracting him from the pain.
      "Extremely brave. Much more then me." I said with a calming smile.
      "No one's braver then you." Little Lucas stated.
I laughed quietly.
       "You'd be surprised." I said.
       "The way you stand up to the Carrows over and over again, I wish I could be as brave as you but I'm scared. The Carrows are so scary." The boy said and started to shake with renewed sobs.
      "Want to know a secret?" I asked gently.
Lucas Malcom nodded his head as tears fell down his cheeks.
      "I'm scared too. All the time." I said softly.
       "But . . . how can you be so brave if you're afraid?" Lucas Malcom asked.
I smiled at him.
    "That's the only time you can be brave. Bravery is overcoming fear instead of letting it control you." I said and the young boy looked at me with hero worship.
     "He needs rest." Madam Pomfrey said but she smiled at me.
     "Lie down." I said softly to the boy as I helped him lie down gently but he still winced at the pain of his injuries.
Madam Pomfrey gave him a potion to numb the  pain and then one to help him sleep.
He was soon sleeping soundly.
I felt my eyes water as the feeling of failure engulfed me. I couldn't stop this from happening. Madam Pomfrey placed a hand on my shoulder. I looked at her as I blinked the tears away.
     "You make an excellent healer." Madam Pomfrey said softly.
      "Maybe but being an Auror is where my passion lies." I replied with a small smile.
Ginny, Neville and Seamus helped me up to Gryffindor Tower. Luna stayed as long as she could to make sure we were alright before she had to get back the Ravenclaw Tower.
     "Are you sure you're okay?" Seamus asked as he steadied me from swaying when I told them to let go.
      "I'll be fine."
Neville said the password and they all helped me climb through. When we stepped through there was an up roar of applause.
The whole of Gryffindor house was applauding and cheering. You'd think we'd just won the Quidditch Cup. I smile at them but I swayed again this time being caught by Neville.
I winced as my back made contact with his arms. Everyone in Gryffindor started to crowd me and I saw a sea of concerned faces.
     "Don't all crowd her! She needs air!" Ginny said.
      "I'm fine. Really. Thank you all for the support but I think I need a nap." I said and I stumbled my way up to the girls dormitory.
Ginny was close behind me, ready to catch me if I fell again.
Ginny stayed with me that night. I slept, like always did, in the hoodie I took from Hermione's beaded bag. Harry's hoodie. At first it was a great comfort but his scent was no longer on it. It still provided some form of comfort but not as much anymore.
I lay on my front because my back still ached in pain.
There were no longer the deep long gashes but long red scratches, that would also fade. Eventually.
My mind wondered, as it always did, to Harry.