The Silver Doe

Rosabella's Point of View:
I was restless as I thought of what could be happening to Luna. I failed her. I couldn't keep her safe. As soon as the train stopped in King's Cross, I said hurried goodbyes as I grabbed my trunk and Soren and got off the train with Winter walking by my side.
Holding onto Winter and my stuff I Apperated just a hundred yards away from Andromeda's house.
     "They took her! They took Luna off the train!" I said as soon as I saw them all in the living room.
They looked at me in shock at first but then their expressions became sad.
      "The poor girl. I dreaded something like this would happen with how outspoken her father has been in the Quibbler." Aunt Andromeda said.
Fiona, however, passed Roseanna to Jason and rushed over to me.
     "Are you alright? All the rumors. Your back? How's your back?" Fiona asked anxiously.
     "Fine. It doesn't even hurt now. Completely healed." I said but I was still furious that there was nothing I could do for Luna.

I had no way of finding her.

I looked around the room and then I realised something.
     "Where's uncle Ted?" I asked.
Andromeda teared up slightly and I started to fear the worst.
     "He's on the run. Has been since the start of November." Andromeda said.
My eyes widened.
I collapsed onto the sofa next to Michael.
      "Everything is going to hell." I muttered resting my head on Michael's shoulder.
Fiona was about to sit back down when Roseanna reached for her.
     "Mama." Roseanna said as she reached for Fiona.
I shot up like a rocket.
      "She can talk!" I exclaimed excitedly.
      "Yes, has for a few months. She knows a few words now." Fiona said softly as she placed Roseanna in her lap.
      "Want to guess what her favourite word is?" Jason said.
      "What?" I asked eagerly.
      "No." Jacob answered.
      "Watch this. Roseanna –" Michael said.
      "No." Roseanna said.
I laughed.
      "Roseanna." I said and she held her arms out to me.
I took her gladly and hugged her tightly.
My brothers looked highly offended.
      "WHAT?" They all exclaimed.
      "No." Roseanna said to them.
I laughed in their faces.
      "You're incoming this way too much." Michael grumbled.
I grinned
     "She does it because she knows it annoys you. She seems to have inherited the misbehaving gene." Remus said, amused.
      "Ha. Dad would be proud. Must be Luc's dormant misbehaving gene." Jason said and we all laughed lightly.
      "Oh Merlin, I hope I haven't got a prankster on my hands. Luc told me horror stories about Ro in her infant years." Fiona said shuddering.
      "What are you talking about? I was the best behaved out of all of them." I said and everyone burst into laughter.

As nice as it was to be with family again, this Christmas was one of the gloomiest I have ever experienced. The cloud of uncertainty that hung over everything and this was the first Christmas without Lucas and not knowing whether uncle Ted was alive or not.

Harry's Point Of View:
Hermione and I were attacked by Nagini who had disguised herself as Bathilda Bagshot. We narrowly escaped seconds before Voldemort arrived. In the process of escaping my wand broke and there was no way to fix it, still, I kept it in the pouch Hagrid had got me. I used Hermione's wand while on watch. We had also figured our who the thief was that stole from Gregorovitch, it was Grindelwald. We also found out Dumbledore once supported Grindelwald and that didn't go over to well with me.

It was snowing by the time Hermione took over the watch at midnight. Harry's dreams were confused and disturbing. Nagini wove in and out of them, first through a wreath of Christmas roses. I woke repeatedly, panicky, convinced that somebody had called out to me in the distance, imagining that the wind whipping around the tent was footsteps or voices.

Finally I got up in the darkness and joined Hermione, who was huddled in the entrance to the tent reading A History of Magic by the light of her wand. The snow was falling thickly, and she greeted with relief my suggestion of packing up early and moving on.
   "We'll move somewhere more sheltered. I kept thinking I could hear people moving outside. I even though I saw somebody one or twice." Hermione agreed, shivering as she pulled on a sweatshirt over her pajamas.
I paused in the act of pulling on a jumper and glanced at the silent, motionless Sneakoscope on the table.
    "I'm sure I imagined it. The snow the dark, it plays tricks on your eyes. . . But perhaps we ought to Disapparate under the Invisibility Cloak, just in case?" Hermione said, looking nervous.