Chapter 2

Chapter 2

  "AMEEEEEEE!!!"

  I let out a high pitched scream as the only thing I saw was my little brother landing right on top of me.

  "Z!!!" I yelled, struggling under him. "Get the hell off of me!"

  "Sorry." New Zealand sat up and got off of me. "Dad said to wake you! He's down stairs. Nice undies."

  "You-!"

  Z giggled and raced out of the room. I let out a few unsavory words as I stumbled out if bed and rifled through my closet to find my suit.

  It was a deep navy blue, almost black when looked at in the shade. The white button down had been carefully ironed by my mother and the black dress shoes had been polished to perfection. A red tie was the completing piece of the set. And oh boy did I hate wearing suits.
But I had to. There was work to be done.

  I tied up the laces of my shoes as a knock came from the door.

  "Yeah yeah I'm coming!" I called, grabbing the tie I'd been to lazy to do from off my desk.

  To my suprise, it was my brother Canada.

  "Shouldn't you be at school already?" I asked, meeting him at the door way.

  "Mom said I could stay until you left." Nada replied. "Here- let me get that for you."

  Canada gently took the red tie from my hands and placed it around my neck. His hands worked smoothly and methodically until a neat double windsor was secured.

  "Hey America?" Canada said softly as his hands fell to his sides.

  "Yeah?" I asked, something seemed to be going on with him.

  "Don't do anything stupid okay? And don't fight too much with Dad."

  "I'll be fine Nada, where's this coming from anyways?" I scoffed playing it off.

  "I just don't want you to get into trouble okay? I'll see you when I get home from school."

  Canada pulled me into a quick hug and quickly left. I frowned.

  'Weird…'

  Oh well, Canada had always been a softie anyways. I hurried down the stairs, face to face with him.

  "Father."

  "America."

  Our voices were full of ice as we looked at eachother. Neither of us happy to see the other. My father had loathed me from the second I'd left him.

  "Come along." Britain spoke stiffly, leading me out of the house and into his car.

  Neither of us said anything as we drove a long. Not like I had anything good to say to him anyways.

  "Behave yourself when we get there. You've already caused enough trouble this week." Britain said sternly.

  "Try not to say anything stupid at the meeting then." I replied, getting out as he parked.

  I cracked my knuckles as I walked up to the doors. I could feel Britians presence behind me, angry and cool. I didn't care. I had to keep my head up and walk tall, or the rest of the world would trample me down.
_________________________________________

  The meeting was slow and painful. People arguing left and right, whispers and grudges. Not that I was free from it however. Normally I was much more attentive to the problems being discussed but Soviet Union had captured my interest.