Chapter 10

Chapter 10

“Bold”- TV broadcast
Bold- Computer Program
Normal- America

  "Wait-"

  I didnt give him a chance to finish as I ran out of the room.

  I couldn't believe it.

  Russia was Soviets damn commie child????

  The guy I'd met in the woods, someone I was starting to see as a true ally, the boy that had occupied my mind since the moment our eyes had met, and the person I was already starting to- to fall- NO!

  He was my enemy. I couldn't ever be friends with someone who could hurt me that bad. I was fine on my own. He was a traitor to anyone.

  ‘If he really wanted to help me he would have told me the truth in the first place!’ I screamed in my mind.

  I slipped in a puddle of water as I raced past the water fountain and skidded across the shiny hall floors. It hurt a lot. My eyes squeezed shut and a few unwelcome tears slipped out.

“America! Do predele! Jsi v pohodě?” Czech ran to my side, checking to see if I was okay.

  “Get off of me!” I yelled, shoving his hand away as he tried to touch me.

  The smaller boy shrank back, eyes full of worry and concern.

  “Yo-you know him don't you?” I gasped for breath.

  “Of course I do, I thought me and Japan made it clear!”

  Everything clicked in my brain all at once.
______
  “Apparently Soviets kids are going to be coming to public school starting next term…” Japans smiling face popped in my mind.

  Only me and my brother play hockey in my family. My cousins aren't allowed to, their dad is um.. really strict. Oh! You'll see at school next week, they've been homeschooled for a while, but they finally get to public school now though. I'm sure Japan filled you in on all the details of course.” Czech shrugged and smacked in a goal.

  “I'll get into even more trouble if I'm caught with you.” Russia's voice haunted my mind.
“You sound like you know him.” My voice carried into the darkness.
“Something like that…”
_____

  “You bastard.” I got to my shaking feet. “Soviets your uncle- and you think you can try and be my friend?”

  “I-”

  I grabbed him and shoved him up against the wall, our faces were barely an inch apart as I glared daggers into his eye. I could feel his breath picking up and his heart pounding as fast as mine. My hands gripped him tighter as he struggled for a moment, face red and filled with fear.

  “America. Put him down.”

  I closed my eyes.

  I couldn't look at him.

  Russia's footsteps came closer.

  Czech whimpered as my grip turned to iron.

  “It's not his fault. Put him down.” Russia was only a foot away. I felt like I was going to explode.

  “You're a traitor. Why the hell should I listen to you?” My voice was low and shaking as I dropped Czech, who quickly scrambled away. “WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME HE WAS YOUR FATHER?”

  I knew I was crying, I knew I looked weak. I wasn't prepared for this, everything around me was crumbling faster than I ever could have imagined. Russia grabbed my arm, his hand felt cold against my fiery skin. So cold it felt like burning. How could he touch me like this? We were enemies on the battlefield. I was trying to tear his father to pieces and he was the pawn of my nemesis. He was a spy.

  “L-let go of me.” I looked away, I felt like I was going to hurl, everything around me was starting to spin. “Let me go! I hate you! Traitor! Traitor! I can't believe I thought we were allies- I can't believe I- You're disgusting! I can't even look at you- You're just like your father!”

  I felt a harsh hand strike my face and almost fell over from the impact, saved by the wall at the last moment. My body trembled as I finally looked at the commie child.

  His expression was harsh and murdurus. Russia's fists were balled, his shoulders tense as he looked at me with all the rage and fury in the world.

There was also a pain in his expression, I had seen before on my own face. One of an agony so deep, it could never be fully healed. A broken kid in the body of someone who had been forced to grow up into a man.

  “I am not my father.” Russia snarled with conviction.

  My fight or flight response took over and I ran away at full speed. Teachers tried to stop me as I raced out of the school. I had no idea where I was going, or for how long I ran, only that I couldn't stop- not until it killed me.

  Eventually, my adrenaline ran out and I couldn't do it anymore. My chest heaved as I changed my pace to a walk. I was out on the outskirts of town now- but not far away enough if anyone tried to find me if they really tried.

  I pulled my phone out of my pocket- so many missed calls and messages. I didn't open any of them, and I knew that they could track my phone if my parents and the police really tried. I had no choice.

  I lifted my hands over my head, one on each side of the phone case, lifted my right leg, took a deep breath, and slammed the phone into my knee as hard as I could. I bit back a yell as the screen glass shattered all over my hands and my knee throbbed from the impact. Hands trembling, I tossed the remains of the phone away, and tried to pull the shards from my hands as I sat down to rest.

  It was completely dark now and I couldn't recognize a thing, although it seemed as though I was on the edge of a small cluster of buildings. I chose another direction instead- to the woods.

It would be harder for people to find me in the embrace of the dark trees. I stumbled over branches, feeling like I was going to hurl. My body was failing fast and there was nothing I could do. I ran into something hard and I fell to the ground.

  I couldn't get up to see what it was, my body was officially done. I was tired and cold. Sick of the world and everyone in it. My eyes fluttered closed and I sighed as I lost consciousness, being pulled into the dark depths of hell.
________

“Allu…Iterit…”

A/n: I AM PAINFULLY AWARE OF HOW SHORT THIS CHAPTER IS I SWEAR I HAVE A GOOD REASON THO.
The plot has thickened and I finally got to do the reveal! (if you've read, We Are A Family you should be able to gauge whats coming up hehe).
Thank you as always for your reads, votes, and comments! They really make my day 💙
Have a great day/night!