Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Germany's POV

  I woke up at 6:00 am sharp, as I did every morning.

  I got out of bed, changed into good clothes, and made sure my room was tidy before daring to leave. There was only a gallon of milk in the fridge today, I made sure to only grab a small glass, I did not need much food anyways.

  My father was in his room, I could hear him now, calling for me. My legs moved quickly, he was not someone I wished to upset. He had never been a real father, and the war had only changed him for the worse.

  “Good morning sir.” I said, standing in the doorway of his chambers, I was not allowed past this point.

  “Who is it?” He turned to me, eyes blazing with anger and hatred, dull and lifeless as always.

  “You called for me sir.” I replied, my voice could not shake, or I would be beaten.

  “I did not. Get the hell out of here!” He stood up, grabbing a dead plant off his desk and throwing it at me.

  I did not flinch as it shattered when it hit the door frame, dirt flying across my fresh button down, the sad leaves trembling on the floor. I only nodded and left. I heard him tell me to be home before dark as I did so. I would be home before dark, the consequences wouldn't be worth it.

  My bag was by the door, and I grabbed it along with my shoes as I left. There weren't many places open yet about this hour, so maybe I would just look for America. His disappearance yesterday had not been unexpected from the way I'd seen it, but it was still something to be worried about.

  I walked around for hours, not sure what kind of place I was looking for exactly, but it was better than being home or doing nothing. America was my friend. I wanted to find him, and bring him back to finish what he’s started. I knew he'd return at some point.

   Y/n and NASA were waiting… Y/n… if America didn't come back soon, would she shut down? We still hadn't fixed her, and we were running out of time. I turned the corner of the street and saw a familiar face- two actually.

  Russia and Ukraine, Soviets two eldest, now right in front of me. We all exchanged awkward looks, not sure of what to do in this situation. I hadn't seen them in years, it had been at the end of the war.

  Soviet had come to our house and beat my father senseless. I could still remember the smell of blood and my fathers head being smashed in by a brick, his body being thrown into the snow and left for dead. And the two of them, who Soviet had brought along, to make an example of my father to them, show them what those who ended the war were really like.

  Russia wouldn't look at me, I knew he still felt bad about that night. The way Soviet had commanded him to destroy me, I still had the scar running down my back from the knife to prove it.

  Russia had been the one to do that deed to me, but it wasn't his fault. Not really. We were both products of men lost in war.

  “Germany-” Russia's voice managed- I held my hand up to cut him off.

  “I forgive you Russia, that was not your fault. It's best to never speak of it again. Now is not the time to dwell on the past. Are you looking for America as well?” I asked, both boys nodded.

  “Canada called us, he said he wants to get everyone together to finish the project his brother was working on.” Ukraine said, his voice had gained some confidence from when I'd heard it last, but it still had that broken edge.

  “Come on. You're America's friend aren't you?” Russia glanced up at me, but then started walking away, Ukraine beckoned for me to follow, which I did.