Chapter 6

Chapter 6

“Bold”- TV broadcast
Bold- Computer Program
Normal- America

  "Good morning. Hello. Heya. Looking good." I greeted everyone with cool, crisp confidence as I walked in the school cafeteria.

  Everyone knew of my ongoing battle with Soviet, it was the talk of the school. I couldn't go anywhere without fans draping themselves over me.

  I was born for the spotlight of course. I was everything one could aspire to be. And I was going to hold on to this status and success with everything I had.

  "Good afternoon America." Germany said, sneaking up beside me.

  "How's it going?" I replied, sliding into my usual spot at the lunch table.

  "Decent." Was all he had to say.

  Finland and Philippines were already there waiting for us. We all made small talk and ate our food as the lunch period began to pass us by. Germany was explaining to me about a very boring book he'd read that I didn't care about but pretended to nod and respond to every few minutes. I took a slow bite of my hot pocket as I took notice of Phil constantly checking the door.

  "Did anyone see Japan on their way in today?" Philippines asked, his brow creased with concern.

  We all shook our heads.

  "I'm going to go look for her."

  He stood up and grabbed his stuff.

  "Wait." Finland typed something on his phone. "Sweden says she's in the library talking to someone."

  "Did he say who?" Phil asked, gripping his bag a little tighter.

  Fin shrugged. I knew that was about as good as it was going to get.

  "Phil, wait." I stood up. "I need to talk to her first. I kinda messed things up the other day."

  Everyone stared at me in shock.

  "What?" I frowned.

  "You admitted you messed something up." Phil said softly.

  "Oh shut up. Someone watch my stuff." I rolled my eyes and walked away.

  It took forever for me to find the library. If I needed a book I just went to the public one, there were more options and more advanced than a middle school cheap garbage library. I had standards.

  I slipped through the open doors and kept my eyes out for the red and white country, scanning the tables and rows of bookshelves. Finally I spotted her.

  She was talking to a red and white country with a blue eye patch. Fluffy hair, a warm smile, and a pilot's jacket. I was sure I'd seen that guy before in school, but I couldn't remember his name.

  Japan smiled and nodded at what he was saying. And the guy talked quickly with a hushed tone, moving his hands and he explained things. I watched as Japan's eyes lit up in a very particular way, a way that told me she was getting the juiciest gossip.

  I very obviously cleared my throat and stepped out from my spot from behind the bookshelves to confront her.

  "Japan I need to talk to you." I said, choosing to assert my dominance by ignoring the other male. "Listen, you're a really nice person and you're good looking and stuff, but you're just not my type and I've never seen you that way. You've been like a friend and sometimes even a sister to me. But that's it."

  "I know." Japan giggled. "I understand now."

  "You… you do?"

  "Finland explained it to me." She nodded and winked.