Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Niall's Point Of View

I left Jade's room and went downstairs to go outside.

I was standing out there, the cold air making my breath noticable. I didn't mind it, though. I felt kinda good actually.

I kept asking myself why I cared so much about Jade. I mean... I really didn't know her that well, but for some reason I like her. I liked her since the day I saw her.

And just thinking about the same jerk who hurt her before, playing mind games with her just pisses me off.

I kicked a little bit of snow that was on the ground next to me, letting out a deep sigh.

"Um, sir. Are you alright?" A nurse asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded as I went back inside.

When I got back up to Jade's room I shook my head slightly to take my mind off everything. I opened the door and stepped inside while everyone stared at me.

"I'm good." I grinned a bit, trying to make everyone believe me. Thet all nodded when I noticted Jade pull Willow down to her and whispered something in her ear. Willow nodded and stood up straight, then turned to look at Liam, Harry, Louis and Zayn.

She motioned for them to follow her and walked out of the room.

Jade sighed and looked down. "Why do you care so much about me?" She asked.

I frowned and bit my lip.

"You shouldn't care so much about me. I don't know if you just care, or you like me, so that's why you care... But you don't understand what I go through at home, you don't know the pain I feel everything single day." I could see tears forming in her eyes.

"I'm sorry..." Was all I could say.

"You don't wanna be with someone like me... Someone who's broken." She replied.

I sighed and leaned foward a little. "Fine, but I will never give up on you." I insisted as I walked out of her room.

Jade's Point Of View

Niall sighed and leaned forward in his chair. "Fine, but I will never give up on you." He said as he walked out of my hospital room.

I watched as the door shut behind me and I stared. Just picturing him leave. The tears were still sliding down my face and I sniffled.

The door opened a few minutes later and Willow and Louis walked back into the room.

"Well?" Willow asked. 

"He told me he's not going to give up on me." I replied as I sat up a little.

"Niall's stuborn, that sounds like him." Louis stated as he nodded his head.

"Yeah, I can tell." I sighed and looked around. "Can one of you go get me a drink?" I asked, looking up at them both.

"I will." Louis nodded as he started for the door.

"Thanks, Lou." I said as he left the room.

"Jade, I think you should give Niall a chance." Willow told me as she sat down.

I rolled my eyes. "No Will. It's not happening." I stated.

"I just think you should have a man in your life right now. One that isn't treating you like shit." She urged.

"No, I'm not ready." I sighed.

I was upset because I hurt Niall, upset because he was just going to get even more hurt if he never gives up, angry because of Willow always needing to try and put a man in my life, angry because Dean is once again trying to get into my life. 

She frowned and looked at me. "Jade... He's a good guy." She mumbled, now looking at the floor.

"I don't care." I stated. "I'm not ready." 

Louis was now back with my drink and he noticed the tension in the room.

"Should I leave again?" He asked as he rose an eyebrow.

I shook my head and cleared my throat. "You're fine, Louis. Thanks for the drink." I half smiled as he handed it to me.

"You're welcome." He said and smiled back.

~Later On That Week~

I was droving home in my car that Willow brought to me yesterday. 

I was pretty much better besides I had a broken rib from the impact and my head hurt a little. But, the doctor could only give me a perscription for some pain medication so he gave me the perscription and sent me home.

I pulled up to the pharmacy and quickly went inside to grab the medication and then go home to relax. The doctor told me to just lay in bed for awhile. I doubt that was ever going to happen, though. With my father, and sister always being up my ass about stuff.

But, the doctor told me if I was having anymore major problems to come back and he'll check me back into the hospital.

I sighed as I walked back out of the store minutes later with the white paper bag that had the plastic bottle that contained the little white pills that would make my pain go away.

I took one as soon as I got in the car. My head has been throbbing on and off since I've woken up. The meds help alot.

When I got home nobody's cars were in the driveway. Well, considering it was Saturday, about nine o'clock at night, I could see why no one was home.

Sighing, I walked into the house and immediately went to take a hot bath to hopefully relax my muscles for awhile. I was tense from the Dean thing a couple days ago. I kept having flashbacks of him, which is why I was still a bit stressed about it.

My body instantly relaxed as my cool skin hit the hot water. It burned a little, but once I was all the way in, I lost the tension in my muscles completely.

I laid my head back and let my hair soak into the water as I just laid in the tub with my eyes closed. I could feel the steam rising from the water.

This is really the only time I could ever relax, when I was taking a bath. But, I always take a relaxing shower afterwards so I can get all the filth actually off me and not just sit in dirty water.

When I was done I got dressed in some yoga pants and a tank top. I laid in bed after turning off all the lights and plugging in my phone. As my head hit the pillow, I was out like a light.