Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=120784442

It's been a month since the auditions and the boys and I both made it through boot camp and are starting the competition tonight.

They set up Demi as my mentor and I was more than happy. People say she's just like any other pop singer, that she was just in it for the fame and money. But, I knew Demi on a deeper level and she was the total opisite of what people say about her.

She was down to earth, sweet and caring. She's honestly helped me a lot through this passed month. She told me she could see me getting better and better every single day, and she feels the only people I should be worried about loosing against is One Direction.

It was a little hard competing against your boyfriend. I mean, I know they're good and I want them to win, but I also want to win. But, if they win, and I don't, I'll still be happy for them, and I know the boys feel the same way.

I was sitting in my dressing room, waiting for Demi so we could go over my song before I went on stage in a little bit.

A few minutes later I heard the door open and she poped in her head in. "Are you decent?" She giggled.

I laughed and playfully rolled my eyes. "Yes, it's safe to come in."

She walked in and sat in the chair next to me. "So, how are you feeling?" She asked.

"I'm a little nervous, but more excited than anything." I smiled.

She grinned and nodded. "Good, do you need to go over the song? I have the CD right here." She said, holding up the little case that contained my song.

"Yes, please." I nodded and she poped the CD player open and played my song.

The song was Forever by Fireflight. My voice almost sounded like the lead singer, which was a little weird. 

When I finished singing, I looked at Demi and she clapped and smiled. "You're going to do great. Just think positive. And, don't listen to what Simon has to say." She smiled and nodded.

I took a deep breath and nodded once.

I honestly couldn't see why Simon didn't like me. I'm not bragging but I've been told my style is actually pretty good, I didn't hate my looks or my body, and I had a good voice, but I think I got it from my mom.

Anyways, I just don't see why he hates me so much.

Niall told me the other day Simon kept asking questions about me and said rude comments about us being together. 

I was brought out of my thoughts when Demi stood up and I followed her out of my dressing room.

"How much time do I have until I go on stage?" I asked as I stopped in front of the boys dressing room.

Demi turned around and smirked as she playfully rolled her eyes at me stopping in front of my boyfriend's dressing room.

"You have about 15 minutes." She replied and walked away. "Don't be late." She giggled as she walked to her judges seat.

I turned around and knocked on the door.

Harry answered the door and wasn't wearing a shirt, revealing his tattoos. His dove tattoo near his collar bone was my favorite tattoo of his.

"Hey, Harold. Where's Niall?" I smiled.

"Getting dressed, hold on. I'll get him for you." He smiled back. "You look good by the way." He said as he walked to get Niall.