Chapter 4

It was a nightmare, it had to be. Hana's mind replayed the horrid scene of the death of her comrade over and over again in an endless cycle of torture as she slept. She broke out in cold sweat, whimpering as she cried in her sleep.

Jungkook could only watch over her in sadness, he couldn't bring himself to wake her up knowing being awake in this nightmare was worse than dreaming of it, but he couldn't just sit there and watch while she suffered, so he made his way towards the side of the bed, gently caressing her head like what his mother used to do for him when he cried when he was younger. It would soothe him and surprisingly it seemed to work as she slowly relaxed into his touch.

He smiled to himself at the small victory that she wasn't thrashing about in the sheets, whimpering.

"Please don't leave me Jimin.."

That was until he heard the soft words she spoke of in her slumber that made his smile fall. One last tear was shed as she finally returned back into her deep slumber, now void of nightmares she finally looked peaceful.

Jungkook let out a heavy sigh and finally pulled away. He questioned what was wrong with him, for he didn't know the princess at all but just the sight of her made his heart race ever since he set his eyes upon her. She had a raw beauty he had never seen before, as he was more accustomed to seeing the caked up courtesans at the pubs where his fellow knights would drink til dawn.

Not only that, but he had always looked forward to meeting the well renowned warrior princess from Artemis. Stories of her beauty and skills in battle carried through the land as if she were a mythical entity. Now finally meeting the enigma that was the princess, he was amused to find the girl was just— a girl after all. Though strong willed, he rubbed his bruised jaw, and strong herself, she looked as delicate as a flower. He would have never imagined at first glance that she was the Artemis Kingdom feared warrior, and so his curiosity brewed within him.

He wanted to get to know her.

With a heavy heart and heavy head, Hana finally awoke, groaning in pain at the throbbing sensation beating in her skull. She could barely open her eyes nor speak as she croaked out a simple plead for water as she attempted to sit up from the bed.

Instantly she felt something cool upon her lips, she took the glass of water and began drinking it down, in a satisfied sigh, she could feel the coolness of the water rehydrate her dry throat, passing the glass back saying a soft thank you in return.

"How are you feeling, your highness?"

Her mind was rather delayed, confusing her as she heard a males voice instead of Hyemin's. She finally opened her eyes properly to see the person by her side watching her with care, she flinched and backed up against the bed away from the man wide eyed.

"W-what—"

Seeing the knight beside her just unlocked the Pandora's box of memories that came running back through her mind as her startled expression instantly unfurled into a scowl.

"What are you doing here!" Her eyes darted around, looking for something, anything to fight with but unfortunately she recalled giving her sword back to Jimin.

Jimin.

Instantly flipping the covers off her body, she trudged to the door with purpose as the knight watched her closely but not like she expected, it was locked.

"What?!" She kept trying to shake the door open but to no avail it was sealed shut from the outside.

"Your highness, please let me explain." Jungkook sighed but she didn't even bother listening to him as she ran for the balcony doors but someone blocked her way.