Chapter 20

A little while before...

"Get dressed."

Yoongi barged into Jimin's room and tossed him a cape and shoes upon the ground which caught the man off guard.

"What are you—"

"Come with me, the princess is in trouble." Yoongi stated before leaving the room shutting the door behind him.

Those words sent a fight or flight response through Jimin's veins as he instantly scurried to get his shoes and cape on. Once done he opened the door for what seems like millennia to him, seeing the halls of the castle he one roamed daily.

"Here." Yoongi tossed him a small dagger sheathed within a scabbard, "I found it back in the barracks. All your belongings are still there."

Jimin caught it with ease knowing exactly what it was. It was a gift to him from before he left the western kingdoms which he kept tucked away in a hidden drawer, his name was engraved into the metal. He wondered if the knight before him knew what it was.

"Now come. Put your hood up, We must make haste, the princess has long since left." Yoongi marched forward without glancing back. Yoongi muttered under his breath about how careless the scholar was, soft enough for Jimin to hear bits and pieces.

"But why are you bringing me?" Jimin asked. Many questions racing in his mind as they speedily walked through the castle, careful to avoid patrolling guards.

Yoongi was quiet for a moment, keeping an eye out for anyone, "because it just felt right." He responded.

That didn't exactly answer anything for Jimin, he scoffed. "And yet you tell me your allegiance lie with the King." He quipped.

Yoongi glared back at him for a moment, "I told you that my allegiance does lie with the King however, I still follow what's right. Now hurry up, or we'll lose them." He hisses.

Jimin put aside his questions for now as they manage to finally sneak out the castle with the help of Some distractions from Yoongi.

They were out of the castle and into the town now, it seems the towns people were just the same, crowding over stalls and buying goods, chatter and laughter took over his ears as they weaved through the crowds.

Jimin, wasn't too sure about the knights true intentions just yet, but ever since the Scholar and him had visited his quarters, he felt his body regain energy again. It seems they managed to silently take care of the treacherous behavior with whatever the King was pulling. But then, why were they so eager to help him behind the back of their leader?

"There she is. And she doesn't seem to be in trouble yet."

Yoongi's words instantly snapped him out of his head as his eyes instantly locked onto the girl like a moth to a flame amongst the bustling crowd, he would always find her, even with a disguise as mediocre as hers, he couldn't help but instinctively smile at her attempt at being a boy but then feelings of anxiety and betrayal came flooding back through his veins, he saw that she had a man beside her, young much like him guiding her through the crowd. His eyes narrowed upon the sight as his heart stung in jealousy. It humbled him, remembering the fact that he was no longer by her side, that he truly didn't deserve to be, he drooped his head.

Yet in the other mans mind, Yoongi was rather stunned. Feeling a familiar feeling upon gazing at her, he asked himself, "Could it be..?" But shook the thought away immediately as they were being swept by the crowd. He had more important priorities right now as he saw Jungkook scan the masses, their eyes nearly meeting.

"This way, we mustn't be seen." Yoongi ducked away into a quiet alley pulling Jimin along. Yoongi noticed how quiet Jimin was, his head hung low as he followed behind, "Is there something the matter?" He asked, but Jimin shook his head gathering himself again.