Chapter 19

"Psst—"

Yoongi chose to ignore the sound as he continued to do his rounds down one of the castle corridors after his visit to Jimin.

"PSST—!"

He kept walking knowing exactly who was causing the commotion.

"Sir Min! I know you can hear me!" The voice shouted louder than what was needed.

Yoongi let out a heavy sigh and turned as he watched the scholar race towards him in his night gown and candle, down the moonlit halls.

"And what is the problem?" Yoongi asked unamused. It seemed every night the scholar always had something to request, whether it to be escorted to the library, or request a midnight snack, even a hot bowl of water to soak his feet. Yoongi had countlessly told him to ask one of the other guards or chamber maids but it seemed this Scholar only favored to ask him in particular, running down the halls to hunt him down, defeating the purpose of convenience.

"It's the princess, she's—"

And with those words, Yoongi straightened up, "-she's fast asleep in her quarters is she not?" He asked searching the scholars eyes that instantly averted his.

Never a good sign.

Yoongi heavily sighed and closed his eyes in frustration, "She isn't is she?" He could feel his eyebrow twitch, mouth drawn into a line.

The scholar laughed guiltily and looked up at him meekly. "You see, I may have requested her to seek the Western Kingdoms Genera—"

Yoongi's sword was drawn suddenly halting Jin's words. A squeak was heard from the scholar who backed away hands up in surrender.

"— Before you cut me down Sir Min, you must make haste!"

"Now why would you do that?" Yoongi glared at the man threatening him Til Jin's back hit against the wall behind him.

"I-I'll explain later! I swear I have a good excuse but for now you need to tail them! A little birdie told me she's taken the guards entranc— eeEE!" Jin squealed again as Yoongi's sword was suddenly too close for comfort to his neck.

"Is Jungkook with her at least." He narrowed his eyes at him, Not letting him out of his grasp.

"Yes of course! I'm not that daft." Jin spluttered and rolled his eyes as if he thought of the plan thoroughly. "Now hurry! You mustn't lose them!" Jin as swift as a ferret managed to scurry out of Yoongi's way, "I promise I'll explain when you're back!" He ran down the halls, nearly tripping; hands flailing back to his room.

Yoongi would have chased down the strange man who was oh so perceived as an all seeing and hearing man, so highly regarded; but the Scholar he knew was definitely much more of a odd handful than a man of traitorous qualities. He let out a groan of frustration before retracting his sword back into its scabbard.

He was about to make his way towards where the princess was last seen but the decided to head somewhere else first.

Panic struck as he awoke with heavy breaths, his eyes could barely adjust to his dark surroundings, the air was damp and cold, feeling restraints on his wrists and ankles, his mouth tied with cloth as he gritted it against his teeth, hindering him from making sound. His mind raced, how long he had been out? Where was he? And most importantly, the safety of the princess he had failed to protect. He knew this was a terrible idea to begin with and he ground his teeth and shouted into the restraints in frustration as he attempted to free himself.

Just then a sliver of light blinded him for a moment as a door creaked open. A silhouette highlighted as a man stepped in holding a candle, just barely lighting his face. Jungkook glared up at the man whilst he struggle to get out of the hold of the ropes.

The mysterious man sighed deeply, now closer and having a better view with light streaming into what now looked like a cellar, Jungkook didn't recognise him. The mysterious man reached out making Jungkook back away from him with eyes that could kill.

"Relax. I'm untying your restraints." He huffed reaching out again to first undo Jungkook's gag around his mouth. Once released, Jungkook immediately blurted.

"Where is she! What have you done to her!" He shouted making the man instantly cover his mouth to shut him up.

"Like I said, relax. They don't know I'm down here." He retaliated, gently removing his hand from Jungkook's mouth, going back to untying his restraints.

"Then who are you. How am I to trust you." Jungkook backed up again, although tied, he still had a strong presence. However the man was not phased as he continued to reach for his binds.

"I will explain soon, now we must quickly get out of here before Taehyung and the guards awaken." He glared back at the knight. "Unless you wish to stay down here and have no way to help your beloved princess." He gripped Jungkook's chin roughly making the man growl and snap away from his hold.

This mysterious man was right, what could he do to help the princess if he was just stuck in an old cellar without anyone but the Western knights knowledge. He had to take this chance else, what other chances could he have?

"Fine. But at least tell me who you are so this isn't some kind of ploy." Jungkook gritted as the ropes on his ankles unravelled, realising how tight they were bound, the was no way of getting free if they weren't cut.

"I'm afraid I can't tell you that just yet. All you need to do is trust me." The man quipped.

"And why should I trust you?!" Jungkook hissed at him in bewilderment.

"Hush. You will find out soon, but we've no time to waste, Taehyung awakes at the crack of dawn no matter if he drank the entire nations mead. We must get moving."

With that the last rope released upon his wrists and he was finally free from the binds, Jungkook got up and instantly slammed this man against the wall harshly holding him by the scruff of his shirt.

"Now tell me again why should I trust you, if you won't answer a single one of my questions." Jungkook sneered close to his face.

Now that he was up close he could see golden irises.

Surprisingly, the man was still unfazed, allowing Jungkook to pin him down without fight, looking him dead in the eye.

"Fine." He finally admitted.

"Before you, there was someone else who protected the princess with his life." The man lifted up the tiny dagger that shone between them, glinting in the stream of light from the door, Jungkook watched as the engravings of the dagger caught light of a name engraved delicately into its blade.

Jimin

A/N: I love this chapter, although short I was very happy with the interactions in it! I hope you enjoy it too!

Double update!