Chapter 10

The barracks were bustling, both old and new knights convened in the large open training area. New faces and members of the public had arrived after word to serve their kingdom crossing from the different lands of the east, some selected and voluntary but all determined.

Sir Min, Jungkook, and the knights of Apollo that have come to Artemis lined on one side with the knights of Artemis lined beside them. They faced the new recruits, eyes scanning the crowd.

Yoongi's eyes narrowed at the amount of recruits. He was curious how the Princess managed to gather so many people who were so willing to lay their lives for battle, in such a short time. Though, where was she? He couldn't start the inauguration without her.

"Sir Jeon, where is–"

They suddenly heard loud galloping coming their way, hooves thumped the ground but not one but many. His eyes widened as everyone turned to see the commotion.

Leading the pack was the Princess, riding Ceres right up to them alongside other men who had many horses. Supply carriages following behind. She expertly got off her horse and came running to them.

"I'm sorry I'm late! The horses had just arrived and I rode as fast as I could." She huffed and smoothed out her trousers, catching her breath. Yoongi walked up to her as the bystanders stood there confused.

"And what are all these horses for your highness?" He asked.

She looked up at him for a moment before stifling a laugh, a hearty one that caught him off guard.

"It's for the new recruits of course! The Castle has only so many horses. Plus-" she looked back at the recruits to see a few surprised, recognizing some of their own horses. "I've brought a few of their own." She smiled up at him confidently.

Yoongi quirked his eyebrow curiously, "Now, why would that make a difference? Why go through the effort?"

"Because as you can see," she looked back at the men again who were bonding with their horses, "your horse is as important as you are. Those who share a bond with one will be able to have better control in the battlefield. Those without will just have to make do, however-" she looked at Jungkook, "I'm sure you should know very well how much a loyal companion makes a difference."

Yoongi hummed in response, though internally he was amazed. Again, something she had gone through the many lengths to do that no one would. His eyes caught on to the men now unloading things from the supply carriages.

"And what are those?" He asked.

"Those are the new recruits armor and weapons needed for battle. I had them ready it from the Lands of Hesphaestus. They weren't the easiest to get but, they make only the best in our region."

Yoongi's and Jungkook's jaws dropped. Getting armor and weapons from the Lands of Hesphaestus wasn't exactly a huge surprise as Apollo also acquire their armory from there too, but first of all, it takes months for it to be organised and delivered yet-

"Hana, how did you-" Jungkook paused and corrected himself when Yoongi looked at him pointedly, "I mean- your highness, how did you do all of this in a span of three days?"

Hana only but beamed up at him, "Well you see, that's a secret that we only acquired recently." She leaned into Jungkook, "I'll tell you later." She whispered before facing the general.

"Sir Min, I believe we're ready for the start of the inauguration." She nodded.

He nodded back, facing the recruits as Hana got into place beside Jungkook. Yoongi started the procession of rules followed up with guidelines and a training regime. All the while Hana whispered to Jungkook.