Chapter 8

He saw her. Her flowing midnight locks of hair cascading down her back, the wind swaying her dress, the moonlight shining bright over the lands and kissing her soft features; she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

He knew who she was, he knew what he had to do, but why?

He stood beside her, a smile that could break any mans heart shone as she greeted him with so much joy.

"Isn't it such a beautiful night?" She asked, closing her eyes taking in the gentle breeze.

"It is." He replied and gently smiled back, almost as soft as a whisper.

Why did she have to look at him like that?

"I'm glad to have you by my side, Jimin." She softly said before her features turned sad.

"Except you are no longer.."

Jimin gasped a deep breath of air, eyes opening wide as saucers as he bolted up from the bed in cold sweat. His heart was racing as he gripped his chest tightly.

"Easy, easy-" a soothing yet unfamiliar voice spoke, feeling an assuring hand rub his back. Jimin wanted to know who this stranger was but his eyesight was clouded by the throbbing in the back of his head, the migraines were the worst of the side effects, closing his eyes he allowed the man to lay him back down onto the bed.

"Who are you?" He croaked out, his throat raw from not using his voice for what it feels like days. He barely managed to open his eyes, his eyelids heavy and droopy as he peered at the strangely dressed man beside him.

Jin smiled gently, "My name is Jin. I am a travelling scholar and a dear friend to the King of Apollo, it is a pleasure to meet you Sir Park."

Jimin closed his eyes unable to open them for much longer, his breath slightly laboured, "and what are you doing here?"

Yoongi whom was in the room exchanged looks with Jin, silently indicating not to bring up the war with him. Jin nodded, "I am just passing by for my travels and I believe I could possibly help with your recovery Sir Park, I have heard it's taking a while, and the King is getting concerned." Jin managed to lie easily.

Jimin felt his heart sink. The King, he thought.

"Where is she"

Jimin asked, and Jin looked up at Yoongi in concern, "not to worry Sir Park, the Princess is well-"

"Then why has she not visited me yet?!" Jimin didn't mean to raise his voice but it startled the two. Jimin then realised what he said before turning on his side facing away from the two, coughing. "My apologies but I think I need my rest now." He softly said into the sheets.

"Sir-"

"Thank you but I don't need your help." Jimin cut him off, his words soft but sharp. Jin could only look at the boy in sadness, getting up from his seat, he realised there was no helping him unless he wanted help.

"It was a pleasure meeting you Sir Park, I wish you a safe recovery." Jin bowed kindly before leaving, "Yoongi, please show me to my quarters." He said before walking out the door that Yoongi held open for him.

"Of course." Yoongi said softly, watching as the defeated General laid on his side before closing the door behind him.

Jimin laid there, as pain and depression took over. He didn't know what to do, he wanted to see her, he didn't know how many days nor weeks have passed and his body was too weak to go look for her. He wondered if she was upset with him for partaking in the plan to murder her parents, wondering if that was the reason why she hadn't come to see him. His internal battles were great, he wondered if he had ruined their relationship forever. Curling up in a fetal position, Jimin could only think of the worse while feeling equal amounts of physical pain.