Chapter 5

The air in the room was so tense and uncomfortable, one would be able to cut it with a knife as the princess just laid by her window seat, staring outside whilst Jungkook stood there watching over her. She had gotten silent after he had filled her in with what he knew of.

Apparently during his time of absence in the Apollo Kingdom, King Namjoon discovered and uncovered many secrets, he had been planning to overthrow the King and Queen of Artemis for some time when he found out they weren't actually royal blood for he learnt through the libraries in the Apollo Kingdom that the true royal family of Artemis were driven out of the palace for reasons, Jungkook didn't know of.

Then the question arose, why did King Namjoon want to murder his own parents? For he found out they were not his parents after all. The King and Queen needed a male heir but the royal physician found that the Queen was infertile, which lead to them secretly paying off an orphanage in the Apollo Kingdom to adopt a boy. The boy meaning Namjoon.

When Namjoon had learned that the King and Queen's lineage had been deceiving their Kingdom, draining their people of their money for their benefit and showering the upper class and nobles with money and greed, he knew he needed to take action.

That is why during the final war against the Kingdom of Hermes had been won, Namjoon followed through with his plans, for he didn't want anyone to be deceived anymore.

That was all Jungkook knew and although many questions were left unanswered, like why was she being kept alive, why did Jimin have to die? And what exactly did King Namjoon have in mind for their nation. She could only silently stare out the window, questioning if her whole life was a lie.

"Sir Jeon." She finally spoke up, but her eyes never looked up at him. "If you were in such a situation, what would you do?"

Jungkook was surprised by her sudden question. No one had ever asked for his opinions before, for they were unimportant.

"I'm afraid I'm unable to answer that your highness, it is not my place to have an opinion—"

"—I asked you a question Sir Jeon." She locked eyes with him. "I will not punish you for having an opinion."

Jungkook held her curious gaze for a moment before clearing his throat, "I would want to know the truth."

She continued to stare at him for a moment before turning back to the window, with an emotionless gaze.

"Thank you for your honesty, Sir Jeon." She simply stated.

"Jungkook."

"Pardon?" She looked back up at him, his gaze was softer than normal.

"Please, just call me Jungkook, your highness." A small pleasant smile appeared on his lips.

She was about to say something but she closed her mouth, there was only one man who was allowed could simply call her by her name.

"Then thank you for your honesty, Jungkook."

Groans were heard from a room as King Namjoon entered the lavish quarters, he sighed deeply and made way to the bedside.

"You really should have warned me about how strong that stuff was." The groaning man curled up in pain.

King Namjoon let out a heavy sigh, "My apologies, but it was you who suggested it."

"Shut up." The man whined as he gripped his golden locks and started pulling at it for his head was pounding.

The King could only let out a small chuckle, he turned to a servant, "get him some water. Warm water preferably."