Chapter 16

"You know, Hana. I could get beheaded for this." Jungkook whispered as the two of them hid behind a corner while guards passed the hallways. The two were dressed in disguise, well, Jungkook had discarded his armor and Hana dressed like a boy, tucking her hair in a hat. They wore more casual clothing to seem inconspicuous but they first needed to leave the castle undetected.

"You know I would not let that happen." She whispered back nudging him in the ribs making him chuckle, signaling for her to follow him once the coast was clear.

"I'll hold you to that, princess." Jungkook honestly enjoyed the fact that she was indeed troublesome, but possibly in the most exciting way possible. Currently, they were sneaking out of the castle through the guards exit gate where Jungkook knew was empty due to the change in shift.

Once they managed to make it out, it should be smooth sailing from there as they joined the busy crowd of the streets of Artemis. Hana awed at her surroundings, as people peddled and sold lots of goods, and trades from all the lands even late at night; it had been a long while since she explored the city as when she usually left the castle, it was because she was off to war and it was usually not a pleasant reason. But this time she could really appreciate the life the city had. There were many people, food wafting in the air and the streets were lit with numerous lights making it feel so magical. People paid her no mind as they went about, children were still running and playing and men and women laughed in every corner.

Though suddenly, she felt eyes on her as the hair at the back of her neck arose at the feeling. She was startled for a moment when she felt a hand grab a hold onto hers, But was relieved to see it was just Jungkook guiding her through so they wouldn't get lost. That was when she then got distracted as she noticed his broad back and shoulders without his armor barely hidden under his thin shirt, how his slightly long dark hair tickled the nape of his neck and his shoulders were large and muscular. Blushing, she looked away from the sight as she caught herself checking him out. Her mind completely distracted and forgotten of that feeling earlier.

They finally neared a large tavern. One that was pretty famous in the city where most outside visitors stayed in. The  inside was lit and danced with shadows; bustling with people, it was loud with yells and shouts as the music that played attempted to drown it all.

"Rather lively isn't it?" Hana couldn't help but chuckle as she watched a man, beyond drunk, get dragged by two of his friends she guessed attempting to hold him up and out of the place.

Jungkook turned round to face her and grabbed a hold of her shoulders, she blinked at him noticing he hadn't had even an inkling of any humor his his expression like he usually did behind those brown eyes.

"Remember what you promised me." He sternly said searching her eyes for any signs of betrayal.

She sighed and pat one of his hands, "If anything we're to go wrong, I leave immediately. I understand." She repeated what she promised earlier.

"And?" He pressed narrowing his eyes at her making her groan and roll her eyes.

"That if any violence were to arise, I do not engage." She huffed, narrowing her eyes back at him while crossing her arms.

He quirked his eyebrow up at her as if not believing her as they stared at each other for a bit before he let go of her. Showing he was satisfied with her answers.

"Alright, they should be in there but please be careful. Remember neither of us are particularly well equipped if anything were to arise." He warned motioning to the lack of swords or weapons on them, one final time. "I'll be close."

Hana had nerves building up, she knew there was a high chance her brother would never speak to her again if he found out about this, but she knew she had to do something. As much as she excelled in war, she really wasn't sure whether victory was even in their favor after what Sir Jin had let her in on.