Chapter 9 || Warming Up

PERCY JACKSON

"Hey... Percy--" Luke started but I cut him off.

"Thalost."

"Hey, Thalost."

"Hey, Talon."

"Do you wanna... join us for a movie marathon tonight?" Luke said, awkwardly fidgeting with his fingers.

"Heck, yeah!" I said, "Uhm... just... don't play any of... my movies."

"You're in movies?"

"Back on... Earth, yep... but--"

"GUYS WE'RE SWITCHING THE MOVIE AGENDA! LET'S WATCH ALL OF PERCY'S MOVIES BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE TOP PRIORITY!"

He turned to me.

"I'm gonna have to start getting used to that name."

And I smiled for the first time in a long time. A real smile.

___

"...and you seriously think an apple juice box is gonna cheer everything up?" I saw myself say, glancing at another boy.

I even forgot who the actor was.

"Yes! That's what my mom does every time I cry when I get paper cuts!"

Luke began to laugh.

"You still... You still cry when you get paper cuts?" Old me stared at his friend. "Joey, you still cry when you get paper cuts?"

"Y-Yes... Yes, Peter."

Suddenly a scissor was stabbed into my arm. Oh yeah... it was just stuck in the foam core behind me and then, they glued something on my sleeve. Not real at all.

"AHHH!" Joey screamed, passing out.

Peter just yanked the scissors out of his arm.

"Uhm... who's scissors are these? By the way, I covered them with my blood by accident. Sorry!"

The nurse gave me a bandaid.

"Look, uhm... this kid is bleeding out," a teacher said. "I don't think a mini bandaid is gonna help."

"Oh..." the nurse said before smiling like the devil. "Here you go!"

She threw the bandaid away and gave me a huge bag of ice, sitting it on my body.

"Ice?"

"Ice," the nurse said and walked away, "Toodeloo!"

Luke stared at the screen.

"Uhm... this movie's gonna be stupid, isn't it?"

Well, a good thirty minutes in, everyone realized this was a horror movie.

"AHHH!" Luke screamed when Peter's body healed itself and Peter gave an evil smirk.

"Oh... it's time," Peter smirked.

"WHAT THE FUC--AHHH!" Silena began to scream but then, Peter mutated.

"AHHH!" everyone screamed and Luke destroyed the TV.

I stared at their frightened faces and began to laugh. Like an idiot.

"Oh... Oh... Oh my gods! You should've seen your faces!"

"How does a movie go from teenage comedy to full on horror?!" Luke gasped for breath.

"When a seaweed brain writes it," I pointed at myself and winced as I remembered Annabeth.