Chapter 34 || The Plan

PERCY JACKSON

I watched as Group D took the fourth rank, slicing through the monsters like butter. I smirked. Oh... Order didn't think I'd be able to make it, did she? I glanced at the ranks, ignoring the cuts as they stung from my sweat dripping into them.

"Two more!" I called, "Two more until we go out, Group A! Get yourselves ready!"

"F**k," Luke breathed from where he was.

"Shush, Luke! There are children here!" Bianca chided.

"Bianca, we're in a battle that's been going on for ten hours. Do you think it's the time for my mind to be clean?" Luke raised an eyebrow.

"Enough, bickering, Lukey Boy," I rolled my eyes, "They've got Order's beasts waiting in the last row."

"That's the row you'll be taking out with the blast, right?" Luke said warily.

"Yep," I responded, glaring at the pure black creatures who were glowing purple. "They won't see it coming."

"F**k, Perce, you're scary!" Luke laughed before he realized we weren't in private, "I mean... Thalost, you frighten me."

To be honest, now I kinda didn't mind it.

"Get ready!" I yelled, my hand on the door handle.

"KILL AS MANY AS YOU CAN BECAUSE THE LESS REMAINING, THE BETTER!" Zoë screamed.

I received a signal from one of the campers and opened the doors.

"EVERY GROUP LET'S GO!"

Everyone raced out, weapons glinting in the moonlight. I blasted one in the face with boiling hot water to rival a volcano's lava. It disintegrated into dust immediately. The Hunters were firing arrows like crazy, making sure they hit each of the targets with undenied accuracy.

"We're here!" I heard a thunderous boom and saw Zeus with his master bolt, Poseidon with his trident, Hades with his helm, and the rest of the Olympians with their weapons.

"LET'S SHOW THESE MONSTERS HOW TO END THE PARTY!" Ares yelled, twirling his spear in a cool motion.

A monster tried to attack him from the side and Ares caught the arrow.

"Nice try, kid."

Ares rammed his spear straight through the monster, changing into a sword.

"KILL! KILL! KILL!" he screamed like a maniac. Well, Ares was a maniac.

Poseidon was raging with the sea, earthquakes knocking the monsters to the ground while Demeter tied all the campers' feet to the floor with vines to avoid them falling with the monsters. I helped Poseidon as the tides came in, sweeping most of the monsters out into the ocean, where the sharks were waiting to devour the unsuspecting monsters.

"LET'S GOOO!" a stupid camper yelled before almost getting impaled, "Sorry!"

I could see Order's beasts up on the hill getting ready to strike.

"Luke! You need to batter the beasts as best you can before the blast!" I called to him.

"On, it, Thalost!"

Luke destroyed the last monster just as all of Order's beasts jumped in.

"Okay, campers, if you can't take them, call for one of us!" I yelled, "DON'T BE SHY IF YOU CAN'T YOU'RE GONNA DIE!"

I stabbed at one of them, watching my sword barely make it through its bulletproof pelt.

"I'm bulletproof," it sang to me in a mocking gesture.

I groaned, shooting an arrow in its mouth.

"She gave it a voice?!"

I twirled around, kicking it as hard as I could in the mouth.

"Ow!" I yelled when I felt my toe break.

"Again, I'm bulletproof--" the monster started to sing but I took out a gun, shooting straight down its throat.

It disintegrated into dust.

"Your throat's not," I smirked.

I turned to fight the weird four-legged snake-like creature. I had no idea what it was called, but boy was it creepy. I managed to cut off its head, burning it with Void fire so it wouldn't grow like a hydra.

"KILL!" it hissed and leaped for me.

"I got this, Captain!" Luke yelled, ramming one of our Chaos sticks in its neck.

The monster screeched and let go.

"Where'd you get that? I thought we were supposed to leave those at home," I frowned.

"Supposed to," Luke raised an eyebrow, "Didn't say we couldn't."

"You piece of--"

"Bye!" Luke yelled.

I turned around, punching one in the face. As it was killed, I frowned as I saw another replace it. What was--oh shit, they were trying to surround me. Project Kill Percy was taking action now.

"F**k," I cursed.

I knew if I attacked one, the others would come charging. But I didn't have a choice. I had to fight or they'd destroy me all at once. So I first fired three arrows at once, killing three. Well, the other managed to stab me in the hip, luckily not at my old Achilles heel or I'd probably be dead. Yeah, they still leave a mark even if you try and take it away.

I ignored whatever medication advice Micheal had given me in the past and yanked the sword out, throwing it and letting it stab another monster. I made my sword into a chain, stabbing it through at least three monsters before they all disintegrated into dust.

"PERCY WATCH OUT!"

I turned just in time to see Annabeth push me out of the way as a dagger was thrown at me, entering her midsection. I cursed as I saw Luke kill the last one and saw the remaining there.

"Luke!" I called, carrying Annabeth bridal style to him, "Take her to Micheal. Now."

Luke nodded, taking Annabeth away, her blood staining the floor as she left, just like it stained my sanity. F**k.

"Zoë!" I had to stay strong.

Stay strong. Don't let them know you care about them. If you're a strong person you can hide from the past.

"Zoë, put up a forcefield!" I yelled, "I'm 'bout to blast!"

Zoë nodded, shooing every camper back inside the Big House before the doors closed and I was alone. I stared at the monsters, daring them to step forward. I ducked as an arrow shot above my head.

"Nice try, dude," I smirked.

They all surrounded me and I clenched my fists. I gathered all the anger I'd been storing in my soul for the last millennia and concentrated it. I threw my fists out and together, my power blast did, too. I concentrated hard to making more and more waves until the monsters were on their feet, screaming for their lives. No mercy. I created one last final blow, marking their deaths as I felt the floor slap my face.

Well, my face hit the floor. Ouch. I could feel the blood running down from my nose and into the dirt. I turned over on my back, gasping for breath as I stared up at the stars. I forced myself to stand, my limbs aching from all that effort. I limped forward to glance at the hill, blood matted all over my face and all over my body. My hair stuck to my scalp.

No more waves were coming. I limped over to the infirmary, where Micheal was at. I took one last glance at Annabeth's unconscious body being wrapped up in bandages before the world went black.