Chapter 27 || Recovering

--2 WEEKS LATER--

ANNABETH CHASE

I sighed, sitting next to Percy again, holding his limp hand. I knew he wouldn't want me here. I knew I was wrong to sit here. I heard a voice and saw Luke in the doorway.

"Hey," I whispered, still staring at Percy's sleeping face.

Luke stared at me for a good minute before he sighed.

"You still love him, don't you? You feel bad for how you treated him?" Luke raised an eyebrow.

I sighed, turning to face him.

"How'd you know?"

"By the way you look at him. I can see it in your eyes."

I sighed, giving up.

"He doesn't love me... so why do I even bother?" I chuckled bitterly shoving my face in Percy's blankets, making him groan in pain. Oops.

"Then... say you're sorry," Luke sighed, sitting down next to me.

This was the old Luke I had met when I was seven.

"But he doesn't want to talk to me--"

"He'll come around. Percy's distant because he's afraid of being hurt again, Annabeth. The further you stay, the more he'll think he's right. All you can do is apologize and hope for the best. I promise you, Annabeth. If your love is true, it'll last."

Luke put a hand on my shoulder.

"He was my core," I whispered.

Luke whirled around.

"Wait, seriously?" he asked.

"Yes," I nodded, "He was part of all my memories that made up my core. Everything had him in it. Because he makes me happy."

Luke sighed and nodded, giving me a bear hug.

"Then make him happy, too. Get some rest by the way," he shook his head, "You need to train tomorrow."

I sighed, laying down on the cot next to Percy, drifting off to sleep.

Percy and the girl left. The moment we got out, she slapped him.

"Dude!" he stared at her.

"You made a deal with Order?" she hissed.

"I mean... yeah," he frowned, "Why?"

"Order never keeps her promises!" the girl growled.

"What do you mean?" he stared at her with intensity. "You're her first in command commander."

"That's because I have no way of turning back," she said to him.

"Don't worry," Percy said, "I'm not gonna tell. But why do you serve her if you don't trust her?"

"Because Chaos did me wrong. I have nowhere else that loves me or even accepts me. It's my best option. There's something different about you, still," she said, looking into his eyes.

F**k. No, no, no, no, no... THIS GIRL BETTER NOT BE FLIRTING.

"What?" he asked.

"Well... you seem like... a good person."

He stiffened even more.

"But you slay like a demon," she snickered.

He laughed along with her.

"Well, I was a good person. Remember. Until I got thrown into the Void by... you know who."

"Chaos," the girl rolled her eyes.

The scene changed.

"Hey..." Percy said hesitantly. 

They were in a tent.

"Hey," the girl with orange eyes smiled.

"Hannah, I really--"

"No, me first. Thalost... I know I've been hard on you but... You really did change me. I mean... you're the only person I really trust here."

"Hello?" Hannah waved a hand in front of Percy's spaced out face.

"Oh... uhm... yeah... me, too," he stared at her, "I mean, you're also the only person I trust down here."

Hannah smiled and did the most surprising thing she could've ever done. She kissed his cheek.

NO. SHE. DIDN'T.

"Night, Thalost."

She walked out of the tent and Percy touched the place where her lips at met his cheek.

Now, I was at a different scene. One where Percy was on the wall after being tortured. His wounds made me want to die just looking at them. It made me want to cry and hug him... but this was a dream.

"Percy?"

Percy raised his head and I saw Hannah in the cell doorway.

"Hannah," he croaked.

She ran to his side, holding his hand. I felt my stomach coil in jealousy and regret, as well as guilt.

"Look," Percy coughed and blood splattered onto his chin. "I'm sorry--"

"Sh..." Hannah cooed and lifted his bloody chin to face her. "I forgive you, Percy."

What the...?

"We need to get you out of here," she said.

"No, Hannah. You're gonna get hurt."

"Who says?" Hannah shook her head, "I am Order's most trusted commander. She'll suspect me the least."

"But Hannah," Percy looked into her orange eyes. "There's hope."

"What do you mean?" Hannah immediately tensed.

"You said you disagree with Order's antics. You can change, Hannah. It's never too late."

Hannah stared into his eyes her hand caressed my cheek, wincing as she touched his broken jaw.

"You'll be okay, Percy."

 I heard footsteps.

"Order's coming. I'm gonna get you out, Percy. I swear."

Hannah then did the thing no one was expecting. She leaned in and kissed him. NO. F**KING. WAY. It lasted for about ten seconds before she pulled away and slunk out the cell door.

"Annabeth, wake up!"

I jolted awake, looking at Piper, who was staring at me weirdly. I then realized all of the seven was sitting there, staring at Percy's sleeping body. Gotta say... if I was Percy, I'd think they were hella weird.

"What?" I asked because... dam I was confused.

"You were having some nightmare... and you were muttering 'no no no no no' over and over."

I remembered what I had been seeing. There was... There was no way Percy could love her, right? I then realized it was possible. Possible Percy could be in love with Order's head commander, Hannah.

"Hello? Annabeth?" Piper waved her hand in front of my face.

"W-What?" I stared at her.

"Look... we're gonna go get some pizza... but you can stay here, okay?" she said, giving me a hug and walking out of the door, the rest of the seven trailing behind her.

I sat down next to Percy.

"Annabeth?"

I glanced down.