Chapter 19 || Dreams...

ANNABETH CHASE

I was back on the beach with Percy. We were having fun, kissing, and riding the waves.

"No!" I was laughing as he tickled my stomach.

"Annabeth," Percy sighed, finally giving up, "You know I'll love you forever, right?"

"Yeah, yeah, Percy. We'll be old grandpas and grandmas and you'll still think it's appropriate to make out."

We both began to laugh but Percy became serious.

"But I mean it. I'll love you forever, Annabeth Chase."

That's when Percy suddenly began to choke.

"What?" I asked him.

"Aw, man!" he groaned, "I swallowed my blue peppermint!"

I stared at him.

"How do you swallow a peppermint?!"

"Don't ask me! Ask my throat," Percy leaned in and I kissed his neck.

He laughed and suddenly, he lurched forward and the blue peppermint came flying into his hands. He put the peppermint back in his mouth and I gagged. Boys.

"And you know what, Percy Jackson?" I leaned forward, "I'll love you forever, as well."

Percy smiled and leaned in, kissing my lips. The taste of the sea flooded into my mouth and I sighed, enjoying it. I kissed back, putting my hand to his face, tracing every feature. Suddenly, I was staring at Percy's handsome face as it faded away into nothingness.

"PERCY! PERCY!" I screamed, "PERCY COME BACK!" 

I scrambled to get his floating mist, but it was gone.

"PERCY!"

"Annabeth wake up!"

I jolted awake to see Piper standing over me, a look of concern on her face.

"What... What happened?" I asked her.

"You went to take a nap and your screams were all over the camp, that's what happened!" Jason walked in after her.

"Oh... sorry," I winced.

"No, it's okay," Nico walked in after Jason, "I get those dreams, too."

I sighed, thinking about Percy. No. I couldn't... he didn't love me anymore. I turned around to look at the photo of us kissing and felt a large pang in my heart. 

But I still loved him.

PERCY JACKSON

I was with Annabeth, kissing her and loving her down the the very bone. Even past that. She was amazing. Her lips tasted like strawberries as we canoed through the lake, feeding each other gummy worms and enjoying our date.

"I love you, Seaweed Brain," she sighed, kissing my nose. "You know... I meant it when I said you are my point of living, Percy Jackson."

She kissed me again.

"So it wasn't just so I'd give you some money to buy a book at the bookstore when you ran out of allowance?" I smirked.

"Oh, Percy," she laughed, crashing her lips to mine.

She laid down on top of me, playing with my hair as I caressed her cheek. 

"Thalost! Thalost, wake up!"