Chapter 45 || The Prince Has A Princess

PERCY JACKSON

I've always been obsessed with Disney. I mean... the cartoons. I've watched Nemo on repeat for a whole night... I never get old with that movie. But in most, like Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Sleeping Beauty, the princess and the prince get married like right after they declare they love each other. That doesn't happen in real life.

I guess I'm apart of the Disney family now.

Because I got married a day before I was gonna leave. A week after I proposed. Okay, not right when I proposed to her but... close enough to consider it a Hollywood ending. A good Hollywood ending. Chaos was there, proudly making sure everyone knew I had a crown on. F**k you, Chaos. And you know who my best man was?

Well, it wasn't a best man, it was a best girl. Hades had allowed Hannah to come back from the underworld as a spirit for a day... just for the wedding. And even for a day, I was grateful. As I looked at her as she stood in her bridesmaid dress with those perfectly matching orange eyes, I realized... I didn't love her the way I loved Annabeth. Annabeth and I were something special. But Hannah would always hold a special place in my heart. A loved place.

She was the person who made me believe love still existed in my heart. She was the person who got me to believe I could turn back the pages to where I was, where my strength lied. She was the girl who made me smile the first real smile I'd ever given anyone in the past millennia. She was the person who made me remember how it was to have a friend. And for that... I was forever grateful.

"You look great," Hannah whispered, looking at me.

"Thanks," I sighed, looking at her, but before I could say anything else, the band began to play.

I cleared my throat, looking straight at Annabeth. She was stunning in her bridal gown, flowing down in white sparkly clouds. She had a veil on, which would soon be a tiara. She walked forward, not taking her eyes off me for a second. The speeches were made. Our vows.

"Do you, Annabeth Chase, take Percy Jackson Chaos as your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do," Annabeth spoke happily, never taking her eyes off mine.

"Do you, Percy Jackson, take Annabeth Chase to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

I opened my mouth before my eyes traveled to Hannah's orange ones. Hannah gave me a look and she mouthed 'Do it. I'm fine. This is your moment.' So I looked into Annabeth's eyes, filled with love and anticipation. Everyone was waiting.

"I do," I replied with the same amount of confidence.

"Well, I now pronounce you, husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

We kissed like we'd never kissed each other before. Her strawberry flavor entered my mouth. I could hear the cheers, all muffled by the true moment itself. Even if Annabeth did do bad things to me, she'd proven many times that she did love me. As we pulled away to properly announce Annabeth's position as Princess while the wedding music played with Leo beatboxing on the sides, I couldn't help but smile. After all... everyone makes mistakes. And everyone can move past things.

"I, Annabeth Chase-Jackson Chaos, swear on the River Styx that I love Percy Jackson Chaos with all my heart, not for the power I will be blessed with. I promise to fulfill my duties and responsibilities. I promise to love him more than anything for all eternity."

Thunder rumbled, sealing her oath, and she kissed me again for effect. I could see Hannah smiling, clapping from her seat. Chaos took the tiara off of the pillow and placed it on Annabeth's head.

"Okay, enough of the sappy stuff," I said, motioning for the conductor to stop, "LET'S PAR-TAY!"

___

Estelle and Max were literally bringing the heat. I have to say, Mom raised some pretty good dancers.

"WOOHOO!" I cheered, sharing some blue champagne with Annabeth. "WORK IT!"

Annabeth laughed at my stupidity, kissing my nose. Max began to breakdance.

"OHHH!" we all screamed.

Dionysus was pouring blue champagne in the tower of glasses, watching it spill all over the floor of the mess hall. The campers were all eating cake, cupcakes, fancy foods, anything Chaos could provide. Even fish-less sushi! I cheered as Leo joined Max and Estelle. Then, Leo began to twerk.

"LEO!" Annabeth screamed because the toddler campers were following his lead.

"CAMPERS LET'S DO WHAT I TAUGHT YOU!" he yelled and every camper began to twerk in circles, bringing it all the way down to the floor.

"Oh my gods," Annabeth groaned out of embarrassment.

Meanwhile, I was laughing so hard I might've peed my pants if I hadn't gone to the bathroom just seconds before. Hannah was staring in amusement at my childishness, as well as Annabeth's mortified red face. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see... Poseidon. I hadn't really talked to him much, even after I had forgiven everyone else.

"I'll be back in a sec," I said to Annabeth, who nodded in respect to Poseidon.

Poseidon looked really happy that I was okay with talking to him, so he giddily walked with me outside the Big House, sitting down on the lawn chairs at the Poseidon cabin.

"You know..." he sighed, looking at all the beds that were full, "I always thought you'd want siblings... so that's why I..."

"Have a lot more kids?" I managed to smile, though inside, I was literally gonna break down with emotions.

Poseidon turned to me, tears in his sea-green eyes.

"Percy," he cleared his throat, "I always look to you as my favorite son... regardless if you're my son or not. I guess... I guess you're actually Chaos's son."

"Uhm... yeah," I said awkwardly.

"Look," Poseidon sighed, looking into my eyes intensely, "You are such a strong young man now, Percy."

"Well, I'm not young," I pointed out and Poseidon laughed.

"But you've grown into such... a great and powerful person. I'm proud to say... I got to be your father for seventeen years in your long life. All I can ask is for you to... forgive me once again. But I understand if you don't want to. You're already brave enough to forgive your soulmate and your friends--"

"Poseidon," I interrupted, "No matter what my bloodline is, or what happened in the past, it's over. I'm lucky to have had a father like you for as long as I've been on Earth. So, it's okay... Dad."

Poseidon's face broke out in a grin.

"Go kiss your woman, son," he clapped me on the back and we walked back into the big house.

"What was that all abou--" Annabeth started but I kissed her before she could finish.

Chaos was talking to Poseidon, drinking champagne and trying to keep Dionysus from crushing the younger campers as he stumbled around, drunk. This truly was a happy ending from a fairytale.