Chapter 41 || The Final Showdown

PERCY JACKSON

Order landed and the campers parted ways for her and me to pass, meeting each other dead in the center.

"Percy, don't!" I heard Annabeth's voice call, but I paid no attention to her.

The monsters created a circle as if to prevent the campers from interfering and helping. Not that any would.

"So... what are you gonna do?" I asked, my rage still thumping in my ears, "Hide behind your commander's body?"

"It was a foolish death," she laughed, staring at where Annabeth was kneeling in front of Hannah. "She should've died killing you. That would've made me... so much more happy."

I glared at Order, hand on my sword.

"I still can't believe you're alive," she said, actually sounding surprised. "I thought I'd ended you when I collapsed the Empire State Building on you, Percy. But you survived, just like my miracle brother. So let me finish what I started and put you where you should be! THE UNDERWORLD!"

She charged and I blocked. I used all my strength. All my love. All my pain. And I hacked. I could hear Hannah's voice. Annabeth's voice. Piper's voice. Jason's voice. Nico's voice. Reyna's voice. Hazel's voice. Leo's voice. Frank's voice. Thalia's voice. Chaos's voice. Luke's voice. Zoë's voice. Silena's voice. Beckendorf's voice. Bianca's voice. Ethan's voice. Lee's voice. Micheal's voice. Chiron's voice. Poseidon's voice...

With each swing came a memory. My core was expanding. It was so big, you could see light radiating off of me.

I'll love you forever, Percy... Annabeth.

You slay like a badass. Hannah.

You are my favorite son, Percy. Poseidon.

It's a powerful weapon. Chiron.

BLUE COOKIES! The seven, Nico, and Reyna.

KELP HEAAAD! I'M GONNA KILL YOU! Thalia.

Aw... Percy's using big boy words. Luke.

Thou art shall give thy bow and arrow! Zoë.

We're getting married! Silena and Beckendorf.

Nico and I... We've got no one but each other. Bianca.

Percy, you ARE a dumbass. Ethan.

What the f**k is going on?! Did Percy finally think?! Lee.

I'll go get my first aid kit before Percy drinks the whole bottle of Tylenol... again. Micheal.

BEAT THAT BITCH'S ASS 'TILL THERE IS NO LIFE ON HER BODY! Chaos.

I sliced with my blade, knocking Order to the floor. She stared, shocked, but stood up regardless.

"I see you loved Hannah more than I thought," she snickered and I faltered.

"You knew?"

Order managed to cut my stomach.

"Oh... I knew the moment I saw her look to you on the battlefield earlier. Or how you two always hung out when you... spied."

I met her sword, sparks flying everywhere, showering over both of us, burning small marks on our hands.

"Let's make this easy, shall we?" she laughed.

She leaped and pinned me to the floor, catching me off guard. But then, I remembered a training technique only Hannah and I knew. I smirked. Hannah had given this to me that day in the tent. Ankle bracelets that turned into spinning blades. I moved my feet so they touched Order's legs and they sliced through her flesh.

"OW!" she yelped and I used this as an opportunity to bring my legs up to her stomach, cutting and kicking her off.

I turned the blades off, watching them fold back into my pants.

"Time to end this, Order," I growled, grabbing her collar and taking off into the sky.

There, we fought in the clouds. The memories were coming back now. All of my most powerful ones.

I was holding onto Annabeth's hand for dear life.

"Percy... let go! You can't pull me up!" she had gasped.

I knew that I would stay with her forever. I grabbed her and told Nico to lead the team to the other side. I knew he had to. It was fate. I could feel it. I let go of the ledge, feeling the pull of Tartarus grab me and Annabeth, sending us hurtling through the pit. Pitch black. The wind roaring in my ears.

But I stared into Annabeth's gray eyes and knew immediately I couldn't give up. I loved her. I LOVED her. 

I sliced at Order, sending sparks flying as I blasted her back with a gray blast of energy. Order charged at me, blasting me with black energy. I gasped in pain but when Order's second killing wave came, I brought up my forearm, watching as an orange blast of energy shielded me.

I was with Hannah now, when she died. Her orange eyes boring into mine. Telling me that it was time for her to leave and I'd face the world alone. In the short time I'd known her... I was attached.

"Let my love shield you from all harm..." she had murmured while her last few breaths slipped away.

Order yowled in rage, barreling into me. I fought and kicked with all the strength I could muster. I felt... I felt my mother's spirit this time. Even if she was all the way up in Olympus.

"It's a camp for special people... like you."

We were driving this time to Camp Half-Blood, where my life would change forever. Grover was bleating in the backseat with me. That's when the Minotaur came, knocking Grover out, and leaving my mom defenseless.

"MOM!" I had screamed as my mother was gone in smithereens.

I remember the same feeling that had come over me that day when I fought the Minotaur.

I punched Order with it, sending her flying back, smoking. Order charged at me and our swords met in a clash. We pushed back and forth, blood coming out of our mouths, pulsing out of our wounds. Our heads feeling light, throats throbbing. I slashed and slashed, feeling a knife imbed itself in my chest. I screamed in pain, kicking Order across the sky. She painfully landed against a hot air balloon, scaring the shit out of the mortals inside it, and I threw my chain sword, stabbing her in the chest and swinging the chain, her stuck to it, like a lasso.

She landed with a hard thud on a plane, the people staring to figure out what it was. Well, they couldn't see. I punched her three hard times and she threw me off the plane. I yanked her alongside me. We both plummeted, punching each other as hard as we could. That's when I remembered the fight between Gabe and Mom about blue food.

Blue cookies. Blue coke. Blue pasta. Blue burgers. Blue pizza.

"ARGHHH!" I screamed and blasted Order to the floor, leaving her broken and smoking.

I had won.