Chapter 13 || Adjusting In Camp Half-Blood

ANNABETH CHASE

"Fancy meeting you here... Ares."

Ares froze, staring at the people in front of him. Percy had his sword ready.

"If you'd like to attack..." Percy said nonchalantly, "go on ahead."

Ares, the mighty war god... too shocked and afraid to go even near the demigod who destroyed him years ago.

"What's the problem?" Percy raised an eyebrow.

Ares backed away, taking his place among the Olympians. Percy eyed them, darting back and forth between each god. Glaring them down. Making them the size of a mini baby. Assessing their ever move.

"Greetings, Olympian gods. My name is Thalost, commander of the Chaos Army. I'll be assisting with the war. Good day."

With that, every army member put on their cloaks and hats, sheathing their weapons, and walking into a random cabin that had just appeared out of nowhere. The switch of the lock was heard and it was a good thirty minutes before I approached it.

Chaos

This was the Chaos cabin.

"What was that?" Leo breathed.

"Thalost?" Poseidon finally questioned. "Isn't that some deadly assassin?"

Athena sighed, facepalming.

"No, it's a burnt chicken nugget you named Peter but renamed and called Thalost. Of course he's a deadly assassin!"

"But... that's Percy."

A large burnt chicken nugget came and landed on Poseidon.

"GAH!" Poseidon yelled as he was crushed. 

He crawled out from under the burnt chicken nugget and read the message burnt in.

DON'T CALL ME PERCY. IT'S THALOST TO YOU AND EVERYONE ON THIS PLANET.

"Wow..." Ares stared, "Did he actually spell 'planet' right?"

"But why is he named a deadly assassin's name--" Poseidon started but Athena cut him off.

"Because he's the assassin!" Athena sighed, exasperated. "Barnacle beards!"

PERCY JACKSON

The moment I got into the cabin, I ran into my room.

"Percy!" I could hear Luke call but I launched myself in there, locking the door, and flopping down on my bed.

And I held my tears back. Even if I was alone. I was expected to be strong. Never break. But I did let one tear slip. Watching it turn the little wet area on my cloak dark gray. Just like my soul. I never felt so useless before in my life... but here I was. Holding back tears like a random teenage girl after her breakup with the school bad boy. Still devoted to him.

Even if he was still a bad boy.

Just like I was devoted to Camp Half-Blood. Even if it was still a hell hole. I took a deep, shaky breath and turned to face the ceiling. I clenched my jaw and sighed, nodding silently to myself. This was a mission.

And I was going to complete it no matter how hard it was.

ANNABETH CHASE

I took out the ring I found in Percy's closet that day he left and the trance wore off of us. It was made of a sea-green diamond and a silver band. And the note he engraved on the inside of the band...

I'll never stop loving you, Wise Girl. ~ Seaweed Brain

I let a few tears slip from my eyes and land on the 728-year-old ring. I guess I made him stop loving me. I screwed up.

And I hate myself every day for it.

NICO DI ANGELO

I hate myself. I blame myself. I'm the reason he's like this.

I killed Percy Jackson.

And deep down, even if I hope I can revive him... no one can bring back the dead. Not even Hades. As much as I wanted Percy to be... Percy again, I knew there was no way I could erase what happened. I hurt the person I looked to as a brother.

That is a deed that can never be forgiven.

I felt a tear slip from my eye and a hand wrap around my shoulders, planting a small kiss on my forehead. Will. I returned the kiss, still thinking about Percy.

"Oh, Nico..." Will exhaled, hugging me and I returned the hug, feeling Will's tears fall into my hair.

Right now... Will was the only thing keeping me alive.

The other person I loved was gone.

HAZEL LEVESQUE

How could a person like Percy change into a ruthless and brutal assassin named Thalost? What happened? How could he be so... cruel? I remember watching him kill Hyperion. No pain in his eyes. No emotion. It was an icy sea. The Atlantic. But Percy's Atlantic Ocean was completely frozen over. In fact, he even looked bored when killing Hyperion.

No sympathy when Hyperion begged for mercy as blood was spewing out of his throat. And I couldn't help but feel it was all my fault. I felt an arm wrap around me.

"Hey, Hazelnut," I heard the cute and adorable voice of Frank.

My baby-faced panda cutie patootie. I returned his greeting with a peck to the nose and I curled up in his chest.

"It's been... quite a day," Frank breathed, still in shock.

"It's been a strange day for all of us. Especially after seeing... him."

"He wants to be called Thalost," Frank said quietly, "If anything, we owe him that at the least. That's not even what we owe. We owe him 728 years of happiness he could've had. And all the life he could've had in his eyes."

"You sound like a philosopher," I joked and we both laughed for a brief moment before it was silent again.

How can you be loud when you don't know what to think first?

PERCY JACKSON

If you thought being on Earth was going to stop me from being an assassin... you are gladly mistaken. Today, I was after Juman Jackell. I was chasing him actually just outside Camp Half-Blood. I knew that fool would fall for the traps and run straight to the woods. After all, he did live in Manhattan.

I threw a dagger with pinpoint accuracy. It landed on his neck and Juman Jackell collapsed to the floor. I stalked over, happy with my progress. I yanked the dagger out of his neck, wiping it on my pants.

"Oh... you stupid thing," I chuckled before walking back to the Chaos cabin, the wind already ruffling my hair to another mess.

I stepped foot back in the cabin and closed the door, sleeping on the bed the moment I saw it.