Izuku

"Izuku..?"

The greenette turned slowly, eyes calculating as they looked over Katsuki, wondering just how this random guy knew his name. Seconds felt like minutes, veridian eyes inspecting him piece by piece, taking him apart amd studying him before connecting with crimson.

Izuku gasped in recognition, jumping towards the blond. "Katsuki!? Katsuki Baku- Katsuki fucking Bakugou!?" He grinned bright, eyes crinkling at the corners as he laughed softly, dropping to his knees beside him. "Oh my God! You're alive!"

"You're alive!" Katsuki shouted right back, disbelief shuddering through him. He never thought he'd see the boy again after graduating high school, let alone in the middle of the apocalypse. "What- you're- you look so-" he waved his hand wildly towards Izuku, unable to find actual words.

The greenette laughed again, sitting back. Louder than Katsuki ever remembers hearing it. He only remembers timid giggles and shy blushes, biting his lip to hold back his laughter. "You, too! God, the sickness really changed us, huh? But it has been... What? Four years, just about, since graduation? Wow. So long ago."

Katsuki sat back, eyes wide as he stared at the man in front of him. He'd known Izuku for four years. Attended most of highschool with him, and was fucking head over heels in love with him throughout those years. In a lot of ways, he never got over the crush he'd tried so hard to squash down, having attempted to stay closeted. He'd bullied the boy instead of admitting his feelings because that seemed easier. Now, it's the end of the world, fuck what people think about sexuality. He's nearly fooled around with Eijirou and Denki, but never actually gone on the way. Made that mistake with someone who's gone now.

Not that that matters at this moment, though...

"Geez, I know it's been a while, but I don't think I ever remember a time when Katsuki Bakugou was speechless. Am I that shocking?" Now Izuku voice dropped into a familiar tone. Almost shy, embarrassed blush building on his freckled, still - not adorably - rounded cheeks. He rubbed his neck, glancing down.

"Fuck off," Katsuki responded with instead, still out of breath. He groaned as he leaned back, sighing once he lay down. "I just need to catch my breath, then... Find my fucking group..."

Izuku paused, then shifted forward, more towards the blond. "Are you crazy? Katsuki, the entire city is on high alert right now. All of the infected are gonna pounce on any sound that may or may not be their next meal. You shouldn't go down, especially with an injury, at least until tomorrow."

Katsuki snapped a glare in Izuku's direction, the younger jumping slightly. Yes, that was familiar, too. "No, I need to get home. I have someone relying on me! People that are going to think I'm dead!"

"Quiet, please!" Izuku held up in hands, brows drawn together in concern. "Don't bring them back over here. One of the Runners is circling..."

The blond grit his teeth, narrowed eyes now focused on an overhead cloud. "I need to make sure my group gets back to the fucking dorms. Denki's life fucking depends on us getting back."

Izuku frowned. "Did you... Go into the hospital, Katsuki?"

"Had no fuckin' choice," he spat back. "Everything from the college is gone, there was nothing in pharmacies or drug stores or grocery stores anymore. No one had braved the hospital, but we had to or Denki will die."

"Was he bit..?"

"Shot."

Izuku hummed, folding his arms around one knee. "Sorry to hear that... But, still... You can't get to the dormitories by yourself until things wind down, which will be tomorrow."