Truck

The day was warmer, but Katsuki could see the clouds in the distance. They looked angry. Dark and clustered together - they were definitely going to be caught in a storm.

Great. And he doesn't see any real place to stay. A gas station, tire repair center, several vehicles scattered about-

"Hey, Katsuki?"

"Mm?"

"How great are your driving skills? Do you think you retained them even though it's been two years? I was a pretty bad driver before. Really slow."

Katsuki scrunched his nose. "I dunno. I was a decent driver. Never got in any accidents. Why?"

Izuku pointed to the tire shop. "Wonder if any of them work? The cars?"

The blond stopped with Izuku, looking at the shop.

Most of the garage doors were closed, one was partially ajar. Looks like they tried closing in a hurry, but the infected were quicker. Dried blood smattered on the concrete and along the wall, body that was mostly skeletal dragged halfway up the driveway and clearly had been feasted on.

"Wouldn't hurt to try. Let's clear it, first."

Katsuki grabbed his machete and approached the shop, Izuku just behind. He glanced around, then crouched, ducking under the garage door. A few vehicles inside. A big silver truck, a small blue sedan lifted and a completely wrecked white sedan. No bodies in the shop.

He pushed open the door into the lobby, glancing over the dusty, bright room. So many windows. He crept through, peering behind the counter - car keys. Likely to the vehicles in the shop. Then he opened the door to the office. A second mostly skeletal body hunched over the desk, gun in-hand with dried, flaking blood splattered on the bookshelves behind and pooled underneath the skull.

They felt no need to further explore.

Izuku grabbed each set of keys, then set one of the three down. "This is for the truck and the blue one."

"Are we gonna be able to get the blue one down?"

"It's just hydraulics," Izuku muttered and shrugged, tossing both sets of keys to Katsuki before turning and going back out into the shop. "I'm sure there's a button or lever."

"Okay, and what about the power? Power most likely won't work, moron."

Izuku huffed and smiled back at him, then pointed to the back. "Gas-powered generator, Kats."

Katsuki scoffed and crossed his arms as Izuku carefully swerved around the tool carts amd avoided kicking anything that might make noise. "If we make all the goddamn noise just for these cars to not fucking work-"

"Wait, Kats!" Izuku halted, looking up at the car lifted in the air above them. "We can't do this one anyway."

"And why not?"

The greenette stretched his arm up, touching a rather rusted rod. "Missing a belt. Fuel line was also cut. Toss me the truck keys."

Katsuki huffed, flipping through the two keychains. "Which if for the fuckin' truck?"

Izuku scrunched his nose, then raised a brow at Katsuki. "Seriously? Look at the make on the truck, then the make on the key. Not one of these cars is the same make. That's how I knew which keys to grab. You are such a blond, Katsuki."

Said blond scowled, shooting a glare at the greenette before glancing to the symbol on the back of the truck.

Chevorlet.

Not a bad make for a truck.

Katsuki tossed the Ford keys onto a nearby cart before throwing the truck keys to Izuku.