Reunion

Eijirou groaned as he woke, rubbing his face. He rolled out of bed, adjusting his sweatpants.

"Hey, wake up," he muttered, yanking the blanket off Hanta's bunk.

The ravenette whined loudly, reaching for his blanket. "Five more minutes..."

"Nope. Sun's up. Get your ass up. You volunteered to help find Denki and Momo."

The two were supposed to return the night before, so a few of them volunteered to go out if they weren't back by morning. Too dangerous to send more people out overnight.

Hanta sighed, sitting up. "We told him he's not ready... they're probably holed up in one of the apartments on the corner of Main."

Eijirou huffed, grabbing a t-shirt. "Just get up and get dressed. We want to get out as soon as possible."

"And dress warm," Hanta mused, finally climbing down out of his bunk.

The taller chuckled, changing into a pair of jeans. He pulled on his boots, shirt and his worn letterman. He stood and pulled his hair back, tying it off out of his face.

"Just let it hang, like a man!" Hanta swatted at Eijirou's ponytail, laughing at it.

Eijirou huffed, slapping his hand away. "But it looks good like this."

The ravenette rolled his eyes and waved his hand, turning away to finish changing. "You just keep on believing that."

Both jogged down the flight of stairs, passing Shouto.

"Up an' early, doc?" Both called, patting him on the shoulder each as they passed.

Shouto groaned, rubbing his eye. Ever the morning person. "So loud..."

"Gotta look for Denki and Momo. Sure you'll be alert enough?" Eijirou stood at the base of the stairs, looking up at the other.

Humming, Shouto made his was sluggishly down the last four steps before stopping beside the taller. "Yeah. Just give me a few minutes."

Eijirou chuckled, patting his back twice, second a little harder for good measure. Shouto groaned softly and rolled his shoulders as he followed him to the common area.

Sighing, Shouta pulled himself to his feet, Ochako reaching over to help him. Ever the teacher's pet. Even two years into the apocalypse. "You kids ready?"

"Just gotta grab some things." Hanta stretched, hands on his lower back as he pursed his lips, glancing between two knives.

"Denki still hasn't come back?" Mina trodded quietly into the room, hands on her chest. She was dressed to go out, but her expression had the dying hope of Denki and Momo having returned overnight.

Eijirou sighed, taking her hand. "No. Doesn't look like it."

She pursed her lips, tears welling up in her golden eyes. "What... what if-"

"Don't say it," Tenya finally spoke up from his spot by the door. He was quiet, but stern. "We are going out there, knowing Denki and Momo are just fine. It's likely they were cornered and forced to camp out overnight. We'll find them, get them some food and water, and bring them back home."

"Holy shit," Shouto huffed, strapping a pistol to his belt. "You sound like Katsuki without all the swears."

That made Mina giggle, but Eijirou felt cold. While Katsuki's cardboard note had provided a source of comfort and hope that his best friend was alive, the weeks without him have crept slowly, each day draining a little more hope that he'll see Katsuki again.