Souvenirs

Days passed slowly, seemingly crawling inch by inch. Each sunrise, Katsuki became more tense and anxious.

How could the other half of the world be clear of the infection? How can they live normal lives? How could he after the last nearly three years? It will take so much therapy and training and shit to reintroduce everyone back into a functional society. So much work for them to live again, instead of just survive.

After everything he has seen and done, however, Katsuki doesn't think he could ever live normally or functionally ever again. There is no way he could just revert back to before the infection. Could they even try?

Will schooling be a thing? Will jobs be available? Will they be excused from having jobs for a while?

What about the people who have done terrible things because of the infection? Because they basically had free reign? Will they receive justice? Unlikely. It would be rather difficult for them to be prosecuted due to lack of evidence. Their crimes could even be excused because they lived in a shit hole.

"Kats?"

Startled, Katsuki jerked and whipped his head down. "Izuku? I thought you were asleep?"

Rubbing his eyes and yawning, Izuku pushed himself up. He only wore one of Katsuki's sweaters, the sleeves rolled up for his hands. "I was... is something wrong? Why aren't you asleep? What were you thinking about?"

Katsuki pushed at Izuku's face with a groan, the younger whining and grabbing his hand. "Not thinking about shit. Just lay back down, dumbass. Get some real sleep."

Pouting, Izuku swung his leg over to straddle Katsuki, splaying his hands over Katsuki's broad chest. "No. I want to know what's wrong. You know I won't be able to sleep until I know. Stop being a jerk and tell me." His brows and eyes narrowed in a half-hearted glare.

"Fine, fine..." Katsuki waved a hand before letting both fall onto Izuku's thighs. He swallowed and looked away. "Just- I can't stop worrying about what returning to a society entails. How stressful it will be on everyone to try to revert back to living as we had before..."

Izuku frowned and leaned down, laying on top of his lover and carding his fingers through blond locks. "I'm sure there will be therapies and programs we can take part in. Things to help us cope and adapt. I highly doubt we will just be thrown back in like we were with the infection." He offered a smile and placed a careful kiss to Katsuki's lips.

Katsuki reached up, tangling his fingers in unruly green waves. Freshly cleaned and dried, falling down to frame Izuku's face and draped down his neck. Izuku smiled down at him, tilting his head. "Maybe they'll make you trim your Goddamn hair since you won't fuckin' let Mina do it."

Laughing, the greenette rolled off of Katsuki, flopping onto the sliver of a space beside him. "Kats!"

"Seriously, you are an inch away from looking fucking homeless or some shit!"

"Just- come here!" Izuku grabbed the blond and yanked on him, Katsuki laughing softly as he's pulled on top of the smaller. "Say something nice to me!"

Katsuki rolled his eyes, propped up on his elbows as he lay between Izuku's thighs. He gazed down into shimmering viridian eyes and pursed his lips in thought. "Something nice," he mused, snorting as Izuku tugs impatiently at him. "Alright, alright. You aren't half-bad in bed. There-"

"Hey!" Izuku gasped and squawked, face flaring up bright red as he hit Katsuki's shoulder. "That's not- that's vulgar! And still rude!"

"Shut up, shithead." He leaned down, pressing his lips firmly to Izuku's despite the struggle. "You'll wake the entire fucking house..."

Fingers tangled in his hair, legs hooking around his waist. "Then say something nice..."

Katsuki huffed, holding Izuku's waist. He trailed his hands up the sweater, smirking at the shiver he caused. "You are incredibly smart... Quick-thinking and brave. You can put up with my nasty mouth and put me on my ass." Izuku snickered, grinning wide. "You also are sexy as hell and I just wanna put my cock back inside you-"

Izuku laughed, clinging to Katsuki as he was yanked closer and nuzzled. "Kats!"

"Shh-" Katsuki pressed his hand over Izuku's mouth, lifting his head from Izuku's neck so their noses touched. "Don't wake the others..."

His only response was a low hum, green eyes watching him expectantly.

Katsuki smirked once again, trailing his other hand down.

~

Katsuki wanted someone to pinch him, or just to pinch himself. Maybe he shouldn't have been the one to drive. Should have let Izuku take the wheel because he is completely starstruck. In absolute awe as he stared at the ship on the dock. The boarding ramp was armed to the teeth with soldiers, more lining the docks. A few infected bodies already lay dead across the concrete.

He swallowed hard as he parked, fingers curled so tight around the wheel, his knuckles faded white.

"Kats..."

He jumped, looking to Izuku beside him. The greenette reached over, taking his hand, a small, assuring smile on his lips. "It's okay... this is real..."

"I know..." Katsuki looked back out to the boat, the rest of the group already filing out of the cars, shouldering their bags and staring as well. "Just taking a while to process. I also don't like boats, so this will be fun-"

Izuku laughed, cutting Katsuki short. He leaned over the console, grabbing Katsuki's face. "We'll be fine... They're going to make sure no infected get on. We'll be safe and in just a few days, we'll be able to step on a land not full of infected. We can have a normal life again."

Katsuki pursed his lips, searching viridian eyes. He took one of Izuku's hands and sighed. "Let's not keep the fuckers waiting, then."

Shaking his head, Izuku grabbed his knapsack and hopped out of the truck with him. He raised his brows, watching Katsuki pocket the keys. "Why keep them?"

"Souvenirs," the blond mused and took Izuku's hand once again. "Won't be able to forget the last couple years so easily anyway."

Izuku just smiled, tugging on him as they approached the boat.

-----

1044 words

Just one more. One more chapter and that's it.