× L O V E Y O U ×

"I'M SORRY-"

"what are you apologizing for?" I interjected Fred and as he sat down, his eyes on me as I sat across him rather than beside him.

"you're not...mad at me?" he asked in a small voice scratching the back of his head and I bit my lip pausing for a moment,

"not that i'm aware of no" I shook my head and he just stared at me,

"are you alright?" I asked taking his hand into mine and he continued to just stare at me,

"what?" he finally said and I repeated my question,

"why are you asking me if i'm alright" he said pulling his hand away looking at me confused.

"because I figured being around someone like Noelle would take some sort of toll on you, so i'm asking if my boyfriend is okay" I explained in a calm tone and he furrowed his eyebrows, his body language stiff.

"someone like Noelle? what did Charlie tell you" he said in the least condescending tone he could, clearly annoyed at Charlie.

"that she treated you like shit? I mean it's obvious the way you act around her" I shrugged crossing my arms over my chest sitting back,

"the way I act around her?-treated me like shit-what?" he said and I raised my eyebrows at him, "how do you explain her cheating on you?"

"Charlie had no right telling you that" he gaped and I pursed my lips taking a moment before continuing,

"you remember the part where you didn't defend me or your brother's girlfriend against her right? or the part where i'm your girlfriend? what the fuck do you mean Charlie had no right to tell me about that cunt-"

"don't call her that-"

"Fred are you fucking kidding me right now?" I scoffed, finally snapping and he looked away,

"when George, Charlie, and Bill all say she treated you like scum how can you sit there and defend her like that? she fucking cheated on you Fred, multiple times by what I understood. what the fuck?" I asked every word dripping in disbelief.

"you don't get it" he muttered running his hand through his hair.

"you're right, I don't. so explain it to me"

"she wasn't always-Mara she was my first girlfriend" he said and I felt my anger disappear when he finally met my gaze and I realized what this was about.

"freddie-"

"I never knew how to say no to her and I clearly still don't. I let her come in between me and my siblings and she made me feel like shit but I'm still putty in her hands. It's not even conscious it's all reflex I don't mean to act this way around her but it's fucking muscle memory at this point" he explained running his hands down his face before clenching his hands into fists.

"it's okay Fred, this is what? the first time you've seen her since you guys broke up? It takes time"

"so you're not mad at me?" he spoke softly and I shook my head,

"I was confused, and pissed. But I didn't know anything. I'm sorry I snapped at you."

He remained quiet and I took that as a sign to move on so I stood up and offered him my hand, he took it and stood up as well. I went to walk back to the table but he pulled me into a tight hug instead. I smiled against his chest, missing his warmth as I hugged him back.

"Can I kiss you?" He mumbled as he pressed his lips to the top of my head, I pulled my head away from his chest keeping my arms wrapped around him as I looked up at him and said yes.

He leaned down and pressed his lips against mine, "I love you by the way, if it wasn't completely fucking obviously" I said against his lips and he smiled widely. "you're okay too I guess" he joked and I stuck my tongue out at him before kissing him one more time. "I love you too angel"

We finally pulled away and walked back to the table, noticing Noelle was missing. "She's in the bathroom" Lyra said and I nodded.

"Right this was fun, it was great seeing you freddie" Noelle said once she returned from the bathroom, excusing herself saying she was needed at home.  Charlie made gagging noises as she walked away and Fred gave him a look and George spoke up.

"Moving on...let's order some drinks"

××××××

this is probably the shortest chapter in the whole book 😭 but i've felt such authors block recently and i just really wanted to publish this chapter already

Thank you guys for 200k+ reads i'm so incredibly thankful.

-heba