Battle Scars

^^ Leo and Anna above, age 7 and 4

     The Bishop family was getting ready for a fun day at the park when they were interrupted by a knock at the door.

    "I'll get it," Carina said, leaving the blonde with their two children, Leo and Anna, both of whom were getting dressed.

    Maya heard Carina open the door and greet their guest. Then, she heard his voice. The voice of her father, Lane, who she had not heard from since she was sixteen years old. She and her father always had a strained relationship, seeing as he abused Maya and her little brother Mason.

    Looking at her two children, Maya made a parental decision and guided them to the closet in their playroom, at the back of the apartment. Three years after Maya and Carina had gotten married, Carina asked Maya if they could have children. Although Maya was opposed to the idea at first, she finally warmed up to it after babysitting Andy's son, Antonio, numerous times. The two had decided that they would take turns having children and have between two and three.

    Maya decided to go first since she wanted to "get it over with." It turned out to be a great experience for her, but she swore that she would never do it again. Luckily, they were blessed with a beautiful baby boy, who they named Leonardo Alfonso Bishop. Leo was born a complete replica of Maya, mimicking her blonde hair, bright blue eyes, personality, and even Maya's love for running.

    When Leo was two, they decided to have another child. Carina gave birth to Annabella Felice Bishop, who in turn, took after Carina. She was born with Carina's brown hair and big brown eyes. Both mothers were ecstatic to have a son and a daughter that each took after them, respectively, and Carina spoke Italian with both of them.

    "Okay, Leo, Anna... I want you two to stay in here until Mama or I come get you, si? Or until you don't hear the man at the door," Maya instructed her six and four year old.

    "Is everything okay Mommy?" Anna asked as she gripped her brother's hand tightly. The two of them had always been close, and have never fought, except for the occasional fighting when they were exhausted. This made Maya and Carina happy, since they also had such great bonds with their brothers.

    Maya nodded with a smile at the two. "Stay here. Remember what I said. Not until Mama or I come back," she said before closing the closet and the door to the playroom before walking down the hallway and preparing what she would say to her father.

    "Lane, hello," she said as she mustered a fake smile and stood next to Carina, who sighed quietly when her wife came. Truth be told, she was scared of Maya's father, but then again, who would not be. "Can I help you?"

    "Yeah, dyke. I want you to come home now. I live in Tacoma and I came all the way out here to take you with me," he spat angrily. "Jenny and I found you the perfect guy to set you straight."

    Lane always disapproved of Maya's sexuality. He thought it made her "weak," but what he did not know was that it was her greatest strength. Maya came out to her mother, Katherine, when she was sixteen. Lane overhead and wanted to send Maya to conversion therapy. He was arrested for child abuse that evening, thanks to Andy's dad, Pruitt, and went to serve a jail sentence for twenty years.

    Jenny is his new girlfriend. She is a super religious Catholic from the south, who agrees with Lane's views against homosexuals. When she found out that his daughter is bisexual, she agreed to help him find suitors for Maya. Their list was long and strenuous, but they finally found one that would be a perfect match for the blonde.

    "No, Lane. You don't get to show up in my house and demand that I go with you. I'm an adult, and I can make my own choices," she said sternly, buth without faltering.