Broken

Do you need, do you need someone?

Are you scared of what's to come?

If you leave then who will the next one be?

Will he do the same or will he let you see?

Why can't she just leave me alone? Maya thought as she started the treadmill. She was referencing Andy, who had now decided it would be a good time to check in with her friend. And Maya. Well, she was pissed. It had been almost a year since her demotion and while they had fixed their friendship, a part of Maya still broke when she saw Andy rallying the team to help Jack, but couldn't be bothered to help her. It wasn't like she was going to explicitly ask for the help, but a little help would have been nice regardless. Apparently I am such a screw up. She interrupted me texting Carina, damn it. After Carina had told her she wasn't pregnant, Maya blew up at her about taking the test alone and said a few things she regretted. She was just trying to apologise, but was on a 24-hour shift and couldn't apologise with her usual surprise at the hospital with coffee and flowers. A text would have worked for the time being, but Andy interrupted.

Running faster, Maya suddenly felt a searing pain shooting through her body. It had happened earlier at the helicopter scene, and the pills helped, but now she was alone. Her pills were upstairs, with her phone, and she was alone. Going against the tiny voice in her head, she stopped running, stepping on the sides of the treadmill and waiting for the pain to subside. When it did - just a bit - she continued running. She was angry. Angry at herself, at Beckett, at Macallister, at Jack, at Ross, at Sullivan, at herself. Honestly, who wasn't she angry at? She knew she had to start cleaning up her act, but the tiny voice in her head kept getting to her. So she kept running. Running to escape. Running with her eyes forward. She was going faster and faster until she felt her legs buckling underneath her, falling off the treadmill with a force that she knocked her head into the ground. She could faintly hear the klaxon in the background before succumbing to the darkness, her escape in the clouds.

That you don't have to hurt, you don't have to hurt anymore?

With a little time, take a look and find what you're searching for

Carina had been waiting for this day to come for weeks. When Bailey told her that she was opening a fertility and reproductive health clinic across from Grey-Sloan, she jumped at the opportunity to participate. Unfortunately, because of the storm and bureaucracy, they had to wait for their grand opening. So she sat with Jo and Bailey, waiting for someone to tell them they could open their little clinic that would hopefully help so many women and teenage girls that need it.

She had hoped to think about her job, but all she could think about was Maya. She knew Maya needed help; it was so obvious that she did, but her wife was stubborn. While she was on leave, Maya stayed in the guest room except when they had sex, both admitting that they missed each other. Carina had hoped that it had been enough, but it hadn't. Maya was still closed off and wouldn't accept the help or advice she was trying to give. Maya's limp didn't go unnoticed by Carina, either. She knew that Maya had injured her ankle before the Olympics and Ben had told her what had happened on Halloween. She wasn't happy with Maya's choices, but didn't push it because Maya seemed so empty when she told Carina she was coming home. They may have kissed, but Carina still noticed something was off. While they spent time together at home, Carina noticed that Maya's ankle was always wrapped, which meant it wasn't healing and it was affecting Maya's work.

"Penny for your thoughts?"

Carina looked up, seeing Bailey eyeing her. Sighing, Carina spoke. "It's Maya. She's- she's not okay, Bailey. I- I'm trying but it's hard."