Will You Cry?

When you talk you get shallow

Where I walk you don't follow

When I scream you're my echo

Will you cry if I let go?

Damage

Lined up

Wreckage left behind us

How'd we get stuck?

Now I'm what you're bored of

"Am I good to be discharged?" Maya asked, already starting to pull at the wires she was attached to. She had been brought in by Jack, who had found her lying on the ground near the treadmill, and later diagnosed with rhabdomyolysis.

Carina sighed, already sensing how difficult this would be and trying not to let her voice break. "Maya, Dr. Altman, and I have some concerns about your condition and about the events that have led to your collapse. And we both strongly believe that it's in your best interest to be admitted for a few days until we can get your numbers under control."

"I'm fine. I'm feeling better," Maya began arguing.

"We both believe it would be best for you to stay in the hospital."

Maya scoffed, continuing to rip at the wires and cords while Teddy desperately tried to hold her back. "Well, I'm not staying, so you can forget about that."

"If you're not gonna stay on your own, we'll place you on a 72-hour hold," Carina said, her heart breaking.

"What? No. No."

"We have some concerns that you would try to leave against medical advice, and your situation is critical, so we need to monitor you in order to protect your heart," Carina continued, keeping her voice calm and steady.

Maya's face dropped. "You're serious?" She asked, her heartrate increasing. "You're 5150-ing me?"

"Yes," Carina was stern. "Look, if you try to walk out that door and do anything even remotely strenuous, you could die."

"No, I'm... I'm fine. I'm fine. I feel fine, okay? Let me go home. We can figure this out at home," Maya argued, pushing Teddy's arm away.

Carina sighed, tears pricking her eyes. "No, Maya, no. Maya, no!"

"You can help me at home."

"You are not going home. I can't help you there. I've tried, but you don't let me, so this is me helping you," Carina said watching as Maya tried to get out of the hospital bed again.

"No. No. No."

The tears were coming to the front of her eyes, not staying hidden anymore and her heart broke. "Maya..."

"No, no, wait. You... No."

"Maya."

Maya shook her head, fighting Teddy. "You can't do this."

"Maya, stop," Teddy spoke. She knew this was a bad idea but arguing with a temperamental Italian was never a good idea, so she let Carina do what she thought was best.

"I am a perfectly competent and capable person of making my own decisions."

Carina tried not to laugh, holding her composure. "A perfectly competent and capable person wouldn't try to leave the hospital against medical advice, so yes..."