Chapter 1

"My name is [Full Name]. I actually just moved here from the city," you introduced to the class. "My goal is to make lots of new friends that will last forever."

You sat back down in your seat as your classmates recited the same greeting they droned to everyone. When the next person began their own introduction, you heard a whisper in the back of the class, "Isn't she the one who was picking a fight with Hibari Kyoya?"

So his name was Hibari Kyoya? Yeah, that was an asshole of a name... and he cost you the opportunity to make friends! You dug your nails into the edge of your skirt, trying not to express your anger. 'Just calm down.'

As you were lost in thought, you didn't notice that the introductions were over and the teacher began to distribute the syllabus. The kid that sat in front of you tried to hand you the piece of paper, though his hands were clumsy and dropped the paper onto the floor. He gasped and panicked at the inconvenience, "S-sorry!"

"Ah! That was my fault. I was zoning out."

You heard a group of guys snicker, their eyes sizing up the boy. When he picked it up, he placed it on your desk and quickly turned around in embarrassment. In an instant, a silver haired male growled in retaliation at the boys in the back of the room, shutting them up.

You laughed to yourself. 'So this high school isn't that different from my last...'

You felt a tap on your shoulder which made you glance back. It was your chair neighbor, a girl with short curly brown hair that framed her face; she wore heavy makeup, one that exaggerated her eyes, making them seem larger than normal. "Hiii! I'm Saeki!"

"[Name]," you smiled. Finally a friend!

~~>>>~~>>

"How was school?" your grandpa asked the moment you entered the house. The new home you recently moved into had a traditional feel to it with tatami mats and sliding paper doors. Your grandpa bought it since it matched his personality and the way he dressed. He always wore a forest green yukata and his little 50 year-old reading glasses -- as you can tell, he wasn't the type to embrace change. His motto: 'what's still useable will still be used.'

"You won't believe this," you gasped as you jumped onto the floor cushion to sit across from him. "So the first steps I take and I already get into a fight. Now no one wants to be my friend."

"Already!" His eyes widened with worry, "What did you do this time?" It has always been granted that any fight started with you. Either you did something to insult someone or you were just protecting someone. It worried your grandfather all the time when you came back home with scratches, bruises, and/or blood. Your last middle school day was the worst when you came back with a concussion which made him decide to move to the quiet suburbs of Namimori. You were fine with that, since you never made good friends, only shallow relationships with some people. They didn't care that you were leaving, and that was when you realized that you had to find better friends.

"It wasn't me! I just got hit and then got called a herbivore. Do you know how insulting that is? I love meat."

"Yes, yes," he chuckled, "Remember to try to understand other people. Try to talk to talk to them, to clear the air. As I always say--"

"Words are the strongest type of air there is," you finished his sentence, "which is true. I did manage to make one friend by talking. She took me out bowling with her other friends!"

He nodded, "That's wonderful! I told you this town is much better! Now, get ready for dinner. I made us a grand meal for your first day."

"Yeah!" you exclaimed, jumping out of your seat to change your clothes. It was already past 7 and you were starving for food. As you ran out the door, you heard your grandpa in the back coughing, something he did every day. "GET THAT CHECKED!" you yelled at him from across the house.

~~••••

Your heart sunk, noticing that you forgot to change your skirt. Here you thought you were going to talk to this Hibari Kyoya and try to understand him. Now, you couldn't, since he would start another fight with you again. You glanced at the other side of the school, realizing the brick walls that surrounded the building were manageable to climb.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow," you say to yourself, running to the other side. Down the sidewalk and farther away from the gate, you found a hidden spot to enter. You made sure that you wouldn't be noticed by the disciplinary committee while climbing. If they caught you, you would be on your way to having no friends in Namimori for sure.

You extended your arms upwards, grabbing the top of the brick gates to hoist yourself up. You didn't care that you were climbing with a short skirt on. No, you were eager to escape that guy in order to salvage your reputation. You swung your right leg over the ledge and got ready to jump. With a quick peak over to the front of the gate, you noticed that the coast was clear. Not even looking at where you were landing, you jumped off the ledge and onto the ground.

"Yes!" you celebrated as you landed perfectly. Dusting your skirt, you felt a presence behind you, emitting a murderous aura. You froze when you turned around and was face to face with the very boy you didn't want to see. "Hey! This is just exercise. Did you know my hobby is rock climbing?"

"Herbivore..."

"Hibari, I presume?" you asked, extending your arm to greet him. He just readied his tonfas instead. "Anyways, I'm [Name]. Don't call me a herbivore. I like steak and hamburgers and chickens and--"

WHACK

"Fuuuuck!!!" you yelled.

"Hibari, Hibari, Hibari~" a bird flew onto his shoulder. It was singing and he wasn't killing it?

"Hn," he swiftly turned on his heel and left, ignoring you completely.

You stood there confused as ever. You already had an ugly bruise in one arm, and now you had another forming in the other arm. Just to make things better, he ran off with his pet bird instead of apologizing for the damage. This had to be the worst first week you had ever experienced, and it was all thanks to that stupid guy.

And why wasn't he eating that bird for breakfast? Isn't he a carnivore? "Strange guy," you mumbled as you trudged your feet towards the school.