Chapter 41

You traveled down the corridors with haste as curiosity ate at your mentality. You were in complete shock that something else was wrong with you, but then again, nothing had been going your way ever since graduation. It shouldn't be that big of a surprise that life was messing with you again.

Taking a deep breath, you knocked on the wooden doors to the conference room and waited for his soft voice to allow you entrance. When you opened the door, you were greeted by Tsuna and Gokudera, both were tensed and worried. Gokudera's scowl was much harsher than usual which only fueled your paranoia. Was something really that off? It wasn't until you made yourself comfortable in the chair adjacent to Tsuna did someone break the heavy silence.

"How have you been, [Name]?" Tsuna smiled painfully. It was answered by a shrug of your shoulders, and he continued on. "There's a lot of work coming in, so that will keep your mind off of your personal life for the meantime."

"Thanks, Tsuna...So why did you call me here? Yamamoto told me it was important."

Tsuna glanced at Gokudera, giving him the okay to continue talking. The way he looked at you meant that he was choosing his words carefully (which wasn't something the bomber usually did) as he tried to make the situation seem less traumatizing. "Doctor Shamal, other than discovering that you weren't....pregnant...found some airborne poison that you might have inhaled in Italy."

"I was poisoned?"

"But not with just any poison. It was one made specifically by a dangerous mafia group that should have already been extinguished," Gokudera explained as he seethed with annoyance.

"You only got a slight whiff of it, but if you did inhale that deeply, you would have been dead."

"How the hell did I smell that?" you asked in horror.

"That's the thing we don't know--"

"Why was I targeted then?" you then questioned as more revelations came forth in your head. Your hand squeezed the hem of your blouse as your heart began to race.

"....That we do know, but you're fine now," Tsuna sighed.

You opened your mouth, wanting to ask more questions, but Tsuna's worried expression made you rethink things. You didn't want to be a burden to the others, and if it meant not asking so many questions then you would do just that. "I trust you, Tsuna. Just tell me what I need to do now."

He sighed with relief as his right-hand man chimed in. "Did you see anyone suspicious?"

You shook your head as no one came to mind. "There were these Varia people--"

"They're allies somewhat.... I just know they wouldn't do that to you," Tsuna laughed nervously as he noticed your incredulous stare. "What about when you were wandering around Sicily at night? Did anyone approach you?"

"Hmmm, no I don't think so. I went straight to eat something, and then Dino came by.. And I know Dino didn't do anything. Then Kyoya came....." The room fell silent as you refused to say the rest. You continued to replay the night that asshole almost got you pregnant, resulting in the downfall of your relationship. You didn't want to think or talk about it, opting to remain quiet.